Ron Paul gets boos for suggesting we use the Golden Rule

(Carlfense)

Nope. Congratulations on perfectly living up to a stereotype.

Ditto :wasted

What stereotype would that be?

A far left zealot who believes that govt. is the greatest tool at home to solve all the woes of the people regardless of the debt. Believes in micromanaging your life down to the salt & soda intake. And that same govt is the root of all evil in the world outside the US. Which is it? Is govt good or bad? :confucius

There you are . . . continuing the stereotype.

Extremists just cannot understand moderation. Your hyperbole shows your tendencies.

I accurately restated your position and your response. You extravagantly exaggerate and say that I believe ridiculous things that I've never expressed. Then you attempt to distill it down to a black or white question. I'm not sure how old you are but I hope that you live long enough to learn that the world is mostly made of shades of gray. THAT is what I mean by living up to the stereotype.

• Fire 2

The fallacy of Paul's comments is he's implying that they actually liked us before we "endlessly bombed" them and that they were innocent bystanders in all of this. Not saying that is justification for war but he's making up a straw man arguement.

Fair enough, however he still has a point. From the start w/ OBL there were other ways to deal w/ him that were all legit and legal...we choose the war one because we wanted blood/revenge after 9/11. Shoot first, ask questions later.

I'm curious what you think these would be?

We can get away w/ this because we are the #1 power. Most countries can't, so they have to go through the proper channels. For example...Cuba can't invade Florida and take out the terrorist that we are harboring...although if you think it was legit for us to take out OBL like we did...you should think Cuba has a right to do this. Bosch is the name of the terrorist we protect in FL. Google him if you're not familiar w/ him.

Another straw man arguement because it makes the assumption that we would be willfully harborning a known terrorist. If we were playing both sides of the terrorism game, it would be a totally different story on a lot of things. Are you making that case?

It's irrelevant if they liked us before. UA doesn't like ASU...one doesn't start killing the other just because of that. and yes most are innocent bystanders.

There is a process to bringing people to justice through the international system.

We are willfully harboring a known terrorist. I"m making that case. Google Orlando Bosch.

I am not sure we are harboring a terrorist. If someone is dead are we still harboring them? But if you want to dig him up you can send him back? He has been gone almost a year now CB!! :rollin

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbosch.htm

Exerpt:

Orlando Bosch died in Miami on 26th April, 2011.

(Carlfense)

Nope. Congratulations on perfectly living up to a stereotype.

Ditto :wasted

What stereotype would that be?

A far left zealot who believes that govt. is the greatest tool at home to solve all the woes of the people regardless of the debt. Believes in micromanaging your life down to the salt & soda intake. And that same govt is the root of all evil in the world outside the US. Which is it? Is govt good or bad? :confucius

There you are . . . continuing the stereotype.

Extremists just cannot understand moderation. Your hyperbole shows your tendencies.

ditto chuckleshuffle

ditto chuckleshuffle

The difference being that I don't have to resort to making things up to make my argument. Creativity is a wonderful thing . . . outright lying less so.

That is pretty much what lefties do, I guess you can't see the forest through the trees. Realizing you have problem is half the battle, hopefully you will refrain from that type of ploy when someone is trying to have a serious conversation. Let me know when you are ready for a real conversation. I know, now is the time for you to check spelling or did I use the correct punctuation or are we going to talk about the definition of what "alone" means? All those lefty tools you use when you don't want to debate the subject matter. Have at her, you are the text police when it is convenient for you that is. Don't want to keep to the text when it comes to the first Amendment though do we now!?!? :dunno

The fallacy of Paul's comments is he's implying that they actually liked us before we "endlessly bombed" them and that they were innocent bystanders in all of this. Not saying that is justification for war but he's making up a straw man arguement.

How did he imply that?

What he was saying was that they started hating us alot more after we started bombing them.

That makes sense, I would hate anyone who started bombing me.

Then you hate UBL; good we are on the same page although I wouldn't say hate but rather we need to rid ourselves of a threat. I hope you remember they bombed us when they hit the towers, right?

Prior to 9/11 the United States never did anything to upset anyone in the middle east, right? We've NEVER done anything to make people hate us.

Within a few months of 09/11/2001, the Taliban government of Afghanistan had fallen and al Qa'eda had been destroyed.

So Bush took his eye off the ball and attacked Iraq, despite that Saddam hated al Qa'eda. Before that AQ had only been in northern Iraq, in the Kurdish areas that were protected by the USA.

Then we found two more enemies of al Qa'eda; Hiz b'Allah and Iran, and made them our enemies. We supported Israel in a war in Lebanon against Hiz b'Allah, allowing AQ to become active in southern Lebanon.

Then we supported other terrorist groups in Iran, some with ties to AQ.

We bombed Shi'ite rebels in Yemen, allowing AQ to become stronger there.

We destroyed libya, alloing AQ a presence there.

Anyone who believes we are fighting a War on Terror designed to destroy al Qa'eda is oblivious.

How did he imply that?

What he was saying was that they started hating us alot more after we started bombing them.

That makes sense, I would hate anyone who started bombing me.

Then you hate UBL; good we are on the same page although I wouldn't say hate but rather we need to rid ourselves of a threat. I hope you remember they bombed us when they hit the towers, right?

Prior to 9/11 the United States never did anything to upset anyone in the middle east, right? We've NEVER done anything to make people hate us.

Within a few months of 09/11/2001, the Taliban government of Afghanistan had fallen and al Qa'eda had been destroyed.

So Bush took his eye off the ball and attacked Iraq, despite that Saddam hated al Qa'eda. Before that AQ had only been in northern Iraq, in the Kurdish areas that were protected by the USA.

I agree, I was against the Iraq war and thought it was a big mistake to go into Iraq. We wasted way to o much time and money and LIFE for a country that was not much of a threat.

Then we found two more enemies of al Qa'eda; Hiz b'Allah and Iran, and made them our enemies. We supported Israel in a war in Lebanon against Hiz b'Allah, allowing AQ to become active in southern Lebanon.

Israeli support is crucial in that region, it does have some unintended consequences but wha tis the alternative?

Then we supported other terrorist groups in Iran, some with ties to AQ.

Who?

We bombed Shi'ite rebels in Yemen, allowing AQ to become stronger there.

Link please, I have never heard about bombing in Yemen. I am not saying it didn't happen I just never heard about it.

We destroyed libya, alloing AQ a presence there.

When did we destroy Libya? Are you talking about the bombing of Libya once that country was in a Civil war? I was against that, by the way, I think we should have less intanglements and staying out of Libya would have been a good start. We didn't do anyhting that wasn't happening anyway.

Anyone who believes we are fighting a War on Terror designed to destroy al Qa'eda is oblivious.

I agree we have to re-evaluate our policy every few months and see where we need to change our directives. I think aid should be changed also, why fund Pakistan when we could fund India who is a much friendlier nation to us. We should be pulling aid all over the globe. Especially in the middle East (No, not Israel).

I guess you have some points but you can't seem to realize that no matter what, the middle east will have philosohpical differences with us and want to kill us.!! :ahhhhhhhh

ditto chuckleshuffle

The difference being that I don't have to resort to making things up to make my argument. Creativity is a wonderful thing . . . outright lying less so.

That is pretty much what lefties do, I guess you can't see the forest through the trees. Realizing you have problem is half the battle, hopefully you will refrain from that type of ploy when someone is trying to have a serious conversation. Let me know when you are ready for a real conversation. I know, now is the time for you to check spelling or did I use the correct punctuation or are we going to talk about the definition of what "alone" means? All those lefty tools you use when you don't want to debate the subject matter. Have at her, you are the text police when it is convenient for you that is. Don't want to keep to the text when it comes to the first Amendment though do we now!?!? :dunno

There you go again with the falsehoods. Where have I mocked your spelling or punctuation? If you'd like me to start I can certainly accomodate you.

Great spin. You grossly exaggerate, misstate, and lie about what I've said and believe . . . and then you try to claim that is what lefties do. I guess that makes you a lefty.

BTW. I'll bookmark this post and reference it each time that I mock your spelling and punctuation.

• Fire 1

ditto chuckleshuffle

There you go again with the falsehoods. Where have I mocked your spelling or punctuation? If you'd like me to start I can certainly accomodate you.

Great spin. You grossly exaggerate, misstate, and lie about what I've said and believe . . . and then you try to claim that is what lefties do. I guess that makes you a lefty.

BTW. I'll bookmark this post and reference it each time that I mock your spelling and punctuation.

Thank you, and calling me a lefty is like calling you Rush Limbaugh. The truth is either accepted or denied but you now move on to trying to make me into a lefty, pretty much off the point by now!! Stick to the subject and I am sure people will know who is right and who is wrong, good luck with that :wasted

Thank you, and calling me a lefty is like calling you Rush Limbaugh. The truth is either accepted or denied but you now move on to trying to make me into a lefty, pretty much off the point by now!! Stick to the subject and I am sure people willknwo who is right and who is wrong, good luck with that :wasted

There should be a space between will and know. Also, "know" is not spelled "knwo."

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/57480-ron-paul-gets-boos-for-suggesting-we-use-the-golden-rule/page__p__908216#entry908216

Thank you, and calling me a lefty is like calling you Rush Limbaugh. The truth is either accepted or denied but you now move on to trying to make me into a lefty, pretty much off the point by now!! Stick to the subject and I am sure people willknwo who is right and who is wrong, good luck with that :wasted

There should be a space between will and know. Also, "know" is not spelled "knwo."

http://www.huskerboa...216#entry908216

Now don't you feel superior and doesn't that help feed your ego. All lefties love to feel superior whether they are more sympathetic to the poor with other people's money or more caring with big govt. programs. You are a shining example of liberal altruism!! :worship

Now don't you feel superior and doesn't that help feed your ego. All lefties love to feel superior whether they are more sympathetic to the poor with other people's money or more caring with big govt. programs. You are a shining example of liberal altruism!! :worship

You asked asked for it. I'm just trying to help you out.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/57480-ron-paul-gets-boos-for-suggesting-we-use-the-golden-rule/page__p__908216#entry908216

I generally ignore spelling and grammar errors because I make plenty of my own. However, when someone wants assistance I will gladly provide it. Consider me your friendly neighborhood spelling and grammar assistant. :thumbs

I generally ignore spelling and grammar errors because I make plenty of my own. However, when someone wants assistance I will gladly provide it. Consider me your friendly neighborhood spelling and grammar assistant. :thumbs

I am not sure about the friendly part?!?! :hmmph

I am not sure about the friendly part?!?! :hmmph

Quite friendly, actually. Message boards polarize and emotions don't translate well.

I guess you have some points but you can't seem to realize that no matter what, the middle east will have philosohpical differences with us and want to kill us.!!

Why do you assue that I can't realize that?

That is human nature, and is reality all over the world.

However we raised their hatred to a higher level with our attacks.