Ron Paul gets boos for suggesting we use the Golden Rule

The fallacy of Paul's comments is he's implying that they actually liked us before we "endlessly bombed" them and that they were innocent bystanders in all of this. Not saying that is justification for war but he's making up a straw man arguement.

How did he imply that?

What he was saying was that they started hating us alot more after we started bombing them.

That makes sense, I would hate anyone who started bombing me.

The fallacy of Paul's comments is he's implying that they actually liked us before we "endlessly bombed" them and that they were innocent bystanders in all of this. Not saying that is justification for war but he's making up a straw man arguement.

How did he imply that?

What he was saying was that they started hating us alot more after we started bombing them.

Then you hate UBL; good we are on the same page although I wouldn't say hate but rather we need to rid ourselves of a threat. I hope you remember they bombed us when they hit the towers, right? :thumbs

How did he imply that?

Then you hate UBL; good we are on the same page although I wouldn't say hate but rather we need to rid ourselves of a threat. I hope you remember they bombed us when they hit the towers, right? :thumbs

Prior to 9/11 the United States never did anything to upset anyone in the middle east, right? We've NEVER done anything to make people hate us.

How did he imply that?

Prior to 9/11 the United States never did anything to upset anyone in the middle east, right? We've NEVER done anything to make people hate us.

Apparently we've done something to make you hate us!! chuckleshuffle

Fair enough, however he still has a point. From the start w/ OBL there were other ways to deal w/ him that were all legit and legal...we choose the war one because we wanted blood/revenge after 9/11. Shoot first, ask questions later.

I'm curious what you think these would be?

We can get away w/ this because we are the #1 power. Most countries can't, so they have to go through the proper channels. For example...Cuba can't invade Florida and take out the terrorist that we are harboring...although if you think it was legit for us to take out OBL like we did...you should think Cuba has a right to do this. Bosch is the name of the terrorist we protect in FL. Google him if you're not familiar w/ him.

Another straw man arguement because it makes the assumption that we would be willfully harborning a known terrorist. If we were playing both sides of the terrorism game, it would be a totally different story on a lot of things. Are you making that case?

It's irrelevant if they liked us before. UA doesn't like ASU...one doesn't start killing the other just because of that. and yes most are innocent bystanders.

There is a process to bringing people to justice through the international system.

We are willfully harboring a known terrorist. I"m making that case. Google Orlando Bosch.

How did he imply that?

You can hate OBL and his group and still realize that US policy created both. Through things like funding the the war against the russians then forgetting about that area the second russia pulled out. Or continually putting troops in (and leaving them in) mid-eastern countries in that region to enforce our own oil Agendas. Not to mention things like giving dictators military aid so we'd get more oil and could sell them things to kill their neighboors and repress their own citizens. Most of the problems we've had over there have been self made since WW2.

Plenty of people in that region don't like us, but even trying to selectively kill them off isn't going to change that and if we just left them alone they'd have enough problems between themselves that the US wouldn't even register.

Plenty of people in that region don't like us, but even trying to selectively kill them off isn't going to change that and if we just left them alone they'd have enough problems between themselves that the US wouldn't even register.

That's the part that is sticks out the most. It's like trying to get rid of mosquitoes by just swatting them one by one. Draining the swamp is the best thing to do....which ending things like you mentioned above is how you do it.

How did he imply that?

Apparently we've done something to make you hate us!! chuckleshuffle

Nope. Congratulations on perfectly living up to a stereotype.

What I'm afraid of is that even if we do or can find a way to get off our oil addiction we will choose not to....or do it at a very slow rate. Afterall...there are billions of dollars of oil over there that our oil companies and such get rich off of. It's hard to believe they'd let that go unused/sold w/out a fight.

How did he imply that?

You can hate OBL and his group and still realize that US policy created both. Through things like funding the the war against the russians then forgetting about that area the second russia pulled out.

We probably left because they didn't want us around, you make that point in the first part of this post. Now do we go in and stay or do we leave. Apparently it is our fault either way with you.

Or continually putting troops in (and leaving them in) mid-eastern countries in that region to enforce our own oil Agendas. Where are we in the middle east that makes you think we are promoting our oil agenda?

Not to mention things like giving dictators military aid so we'd get more oil and could sell them things to kill their neighboors and repress their own citizens. All that is over there are dictators, are you saying we shouldn't be giving out aid or we should be out of the middle east altogether? Most of the problems we've had over there have been self made since WW2. You are wrong about the problems being self made even if we were doing nothing but giving aid to Israel they would hate us. So the only alternative would be to abandon the only democracy in the middle east in your mind, correct?

They have enough problems that is for sure but that is about the only thing you got right in this post!! eyeswear2allthatsholy

(Carlfense)

Nope. Congratulations on perfectly living up to a stereotype.

Ditto :wasted

What stereotype would that be?

A far left zealot who believes that govt. is the greatest tool at home to solve all the woes of the people regardless of the debt. Believes in micromanaging your life down to the salt & soda intake. And that same govt is the root of all evil in the world outside the US. Which is it? Is govt good or bad? :confucius