Work Place Insanity

The first one i don't agree with. People shouldn't also need to put stupid sh#t on the internet that will never get taken off. I used to be on Facebook but quit using it once i found out that i really didn't give a sh#t most of the time. This will get challenged and the courts will slap employers on the hand and tell them they can't do this.

The second one we don't know what the protest is about or whatever it was about. So can't really draw any conclusions. I would be pretty sure a law firm does have a dress code.

The first one makes me ask why does the company need that information? Will HR and the top executives give up their screen name and password so I can see about them if I'm considering working for that company? Rather doubtful. It used to be that getting a job was easy. You only had to worry about education and/or experience. Then companies wanted to start doing background checks, okay fine. Then they added a section where you need to list all the residences or places you've lived the past seven to ten years. Then they added credit checks into the equation. Now in addition to everything else they want your social network log-in information. What's next? The username and password to your email? The keys to your house or apartment? A DNA profile? It's bullsh** that companies are allowed to get away with such horrifying invasions of privacy.

The second one wasn't a protest according to the story. They were meeting supposedly for drinks after work. Although something doesn't seem right here. One would think that one would know one's coworkers making wearing orange shirts to spot them at the bar unnecessary.