Rodger Clemens

I believe he was betting while he was managing not playing, not that its a major difference.

Yeah, it is different. It's worse. A manager makes many more decisions that affect the game.

I would argue a player has more power to alter a game than a manager. Shave a few points, tip off a few batters, drop a ball or 2. Even a broken play can go for a TD if the players make it happen, vice versa even the best designed play can be ruined by a few inept players.

I believe he was betting while he was managing not playing, not that its a major difference.

Yeah, it is different. It's worse. A manager makes many more decisions that affect the game.

I would argue a player has more power to alter a game than a manager. Shave a few points, tip off a few batters, drop a ball or 2. Even a broken play can go for a TD if the players make it happen, vice versa even the best designed play can be ruined by a few inept players.

I'd prefer to limit this to basebal since that's what the OP was about.

A baseball manager is responsible for:

1) The starting lineup

2) The batting order

3) Calling pitches, intentional walks, bunts, hit and run, hitting away, steals, pinch hitting, pinch running, pulling pitchers, pulling batters, moving the outfield/infield in, sacrifice flies.