Jordan Larson selected for U.S. Olympic team

Jordan Larson is headed to her first Olympic Games as a member of the United States women’s volleyball team.

The three-time All-American at Nebraska from the small town of Hooper was named to the 12-team roster on Tuesday evening.

“Words cannot express my excitement to be a part of this team,” Larson said in a news release. “It has been something I have dreamed about for a very long time. I would like to thank all my family, friends, coaches and teammates who have helped me along the way to be the player and person I am today. I couldn't have done it without you all.”

Larson joins former Huskers Lori Endicott (1992 and ’96), Allison Weston (2000) and Nancy Metcalf (’04) in making the Olympic team.

Continue Reading

Cool to see a girl from my wife's high school make it. Congrats Jordan!

Foppa, if you need a reason to watch something other than basketball in the Olympics you could keep in mind that the game of volleyball has a lot of tall fit women in it. If that's your sorta thing...

Cool to see a girl from my wife's high school make it. Congrats Jordan!

Foppa, if you need a reason to watch something other than basketball in the Olympics you could keep in mind that the game of volleyball has a lot of tall fit women in it. If that's your sorta thing...

Nah, not really, but I do like watching NU volleyball. I'm more of a 'setter' type of fan ;)