Dancing King Will Shields Would Shock Judges

Travis Hill, a first-team Nebraska All-America outside linebacker in 1992, will never forget sitting in an NFL film room two years later when Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban was an assistant with the Cleveland Browns. "We were breaking down film in slow motion, and Coach Saban said you have to watch this next guy because it almost looks like he's using his dancing ability to choreograph how's he's going to block people," Hill recalls Saban saying.

Sure enough, the slow-mo product matched Saban's promotion, but Hill never dreamed who that "Dancing King" might be ... none other than Will Shields, his college teammate who helped lead the Huskers to three national rushing titles at Nebraska.

Continue Reading

"We were in our dorm room on the fourth floor of Abel Hall. My parents were in the room and my roommate (Andre McDuffy) and I challenged Will and Roderick to a dancing contest. They started dancing first and when Will was done, let's put it this way, the contest was over before it started. We didn't show one move. We conceded. Will has the best feet I've ever seen on a big man. That's why I'd love to see him on Dancing With The Stars. I think he would shock everyone on that show and watching that show."

Great article! I had no idea Shields was so accomplished on the dance floor. :lol:

Can't remember what year, but John Alt had gone down with an injury so the Chiefs needed a left tackle and Will moved over from right Guard to play it that week. I was on the sideline with Rich Baldinger (Former Chief OL and was a co-host on a Chiefs Post Game Show) I listened to Rich just marvel at how Will basically played a flawless game at Left Tackle. He would point out how his footwork was basically perfect. He likened Will doing this to someone who had written with their right hand their entire life learning how to write perfectly with their left hand in three or four days. Will was quite an amazing athlete! I also had the pleasure of working with him when he'd do color commentary for Metro Sports Friday night High School Game of the Week and he is a true gentleman and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Glad he was a Husker and a Chief, nothing like having such a great person play so many years for your favorite teams!!!!!

He better make the Pro Football HOF Next Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!