NU volleyball match changed so coach can support his son

While it's good they got it worked out and he had T.O.'s blessing, I wonder if he wishes he would have worded one sentence a little more artfully? When he said "I make a lot of sacrifices coaching here", it could be interpreted by some as the old..............'Hey, you're getting paid big bucks to do this and if you don't like it, plenty of others would like a shot' ........

That is not my take, but it struck me as opening up a a can of worms for critics.........

While it's good they got it worked out and he had T.O.'s blessing, I wonder if he wishes he would have worded one sentence a little more artfully? When he said "I make a lot of sacrifices coaching here", it could be interpreted by some as the old..............'Hey, you're getting paid big bucks to do this and if you don't like it, plenty of others would like a shot' ........

That is not my take, but it struck me as opening up a a can of worms for critics.........

You new name is the Can Opener! :D

You new name is the Can Opener! :D

Heh Heh Ha...............I've been labeled much worse........ :D

The athletic department gave Cook its support for the time change. In fact, athletic director Tom Osborne encouraged it.

“I talked to Coach Osborne about it, and he said it was a great idea; you need to do it,” Cook said. “He said, ‘I saw my son play twice in college.’ I think he regrets that.

“It’s a good message that you have to be a good parent,” Cook added. “I make a lot of sacrifices coaching here.”

:thumbs