Do you kind of feel like...

huskerguy

By my earlier post I was not trying to say that CU deserves this game anymore than any other team in the North, just pointing out the fact that a team can go to the National Championship game but does not even get to play in its conference Championship game.

Is that still possible? I thought the NCAA changed the ruling that you had to win your conference championship game (if one exists) in order to play in the National Championship game - or maybe I just heard that it was the way things should be after NU played in the National Championship Rose Bowl after not playing in the Big XII Championship game.

By my earlier post I was not trying to say that CU deserves this game anymore than any other team in the North, just pointing out the fact that a team can go to the National Championship game but does not even get to play in its conference Championship game.

Is that still possible? I thought the NCAA changed the ruling that you had to win your conference championship game (if one exists) in order to play in the National Championship game - or maybe I just heard that it was the way things should be after NU played in the National Championship Rose Bowl after not playing in the Big XII Championship game.

I think this is accurate -- but rather it's the BCS folks that concocted this rule; not the NCAA. If I'm not mistaken, the BCS has said IF a championship game exists in a conference then the team must win it to play in the NC BCS 1 versus 2 game. It's up to leagues to decide how they crown their champion, championship game or not; and teams must win their league to play in BCS 1 vs. 2.

BTW -- all I've been trying to point out is that IMHO their is no back door. All North Teams had 8 conference games to win or lose. CU won 5, everybody else only won 4 or less. If NU, ISU, or KSU wins 5 next year, even if they lose their last 3; and everyone else only wins 4 or less; the team with 5 wins takes the North.

There are not style points, bonus points for margin of victory, location of victory, or when you win. Ties aside, win the most out of 8 and you win your side of the conference and get into the B12 Title Game.

Do you kind of feel like we should be in the Big XII Championship? I sure do, we kick the sh#t out of Colorado in Boulder and they are the ones representing the North... We also beat the team that choked and got second.

No - because we finished second and the standings don't lie - but if our guy falls down against TT we would be going - Next year we should be in the hunt

Now you know how we felt when we kicked NU 62-36 won the Big XII North, beat Texas 39-37 in the Big XII Championship and get screwed why Nebraska gets to go and play Miami in the Rose Bowl. There were two teams that year that deserved the Rose Bowl more than NU...Colorado and Oregon.

So stop complaining...win the games you are supposed to (Missouri and Kansas) and you win the Big XII North.

I don't know about that. Oregon lost to Stanford at home that year. Colorado had lost to Fresno State and Texas in the regular season. Oregon is arguable but Colorado was not even considered for going. A two-loss team playing in the NC? I don't think so.

NU also had a convincing win when they played #1 or was it #2 Oklahoma? Either way that was HUGE

A two loss team playing in the National Championship is about like a 4 loss team thinking they should be playing for the Big 12 title game. Should not happen.

:yeah

Dont lose 2 games that year, and YOURE team gets to have its a$$es kicked by Miami :thumbs