Hardened by past heartbreaks, these Huskers are now believing

It seems like we wear out every team by the 4th quarter. That's why we are seeing all of these comebacks. Our up-tempo offense, as well as the success with which we ran the ball helps us do that. I think our practice conditioning must be pretty awesome as well based on what I see on the field on Saturdays.

There are a couple posters here ( just a couple) that have always had negative things to say about Dobson and our S&C program. Probably not able to recall becuase the comments are so few, because the opportunities are so few. Heck, theyre probably banned for overall derpiness anyway, but I'm calling them out. I want to know what they think on this matter now after yet another late 4th surge.

I haven't questioned our conditioning, but I don't think we're very explosive at some positions. You've got to be able to balance strength, explosiveness and conditioning. Not an easy task by any means but if you look at our defensive line for example we've got some uber slow guys out there. Probably the reason we run the scheme we do. Perhaps when we start getting better depth on the Dline we can shift toward working on speed since those type of muscle fibers fatigue more easily.

Jamal Turner pointed out something I didn't pick up on watching the game. MSU's defense was tired toward the end of the game. I don't know how much of that is attributed to the up tempo offense versus conditioning but I congratulate the coaching staff for getting our players ready for games. I would be really disappointed if that was a problem. Nebraska teams may not be the most talented but we expect them to out work opponents and be in better shape. Our team should mirror our culture.

Mich St. hasn't had a bye week let. Also, they have had a number tight games....but the tough running of our backs ultimately wore them down.

Part of me hopes that now there is 'belief' in the husker team, they will start having so little time between 'prime times' that they get better and better at firing on all cylinders all the time.

I think PSU will be a big deal in that way, because I think we will either open a big can of whoopass, or get gassed and have another inconsistent game.

I know the never quit attitude is there.

I just want to see, as said, a complete game. Particularly one where Nebraska comes OUT strong and doesn't look back. Blowing up PSU would be a huge deal for the program.

but I think the Michigan win may have been a significant turning point for the season, even/inspite of their QB falling out.

If the belief turns into the hunger to become even more on top of their game, and 'claim what is rightfully theirs', then that will be powerful, and exactly what nebraska needs. I think, if that happens, it will be something that - as a young fan - haven't seen in a long time. Maybe even the first time since I've started following the team closely (start of BC era). There's been hunger and there's been talent, though usually more defensively, but, I haven't seen a sense of ascension, wanting to rise above and beyond, and be real championship material.

I think there is potential for this trajectory to boost the program to the next level -- IF it continues.

But I think this is maybe the most un-filtered or raw 'hope and belief' I've had as a fan in a while, myself. I've always supported, but maybe just maybe we're getting there.

It seems like we wear out every team by the 4th quarter. That's why we are seeing all of these comebacks. Our up-tempo offense, as well as the success with which we ran the ball helps us do that. I think our practice conditioning must be pretty awesome as well based on what I see on the field on Saturdays.

There are a couple posters here ( just a couple) that have always had negative things to say about Dobson and our S&C program. Probably not able to recall becuase the comments are so few, because the opportunities are so few. Heck, theyre probably banned for overall derpiness anyway, but I'm calling them out. I want to know what they think on this matter now after yet another late 4th surge.

I haven't questioned our conditioning, but I don't think we're very explosive at some positions. You've got to be able to balance strength, explosiveness and conditioning. Not an easy task by any means but if you look at our defensive line for example we've got some uber slow guys out there. Probably the reason we run the scheme we do. Perhaps when we start getting better depth on the Dline we can shift toward working on speed since those type of muscle fibers fatigue more easily.

I agree with you, but for reasons other than S&C. That program can only go so far and the lack of skill at those positions, to me anyway, is purely a talent issue. That position is getting better with the incoming guys, but right now we're just seeing the fruits of a couple of 1st years recruiting classes.