Charlie Strong

husker_99

Our schedule was 239587239563429 times more difficult than Louisville's, and just because you are shaded by negativity about Nebraska doesn't change that fact.

I'm not negative just realistic. a good employer won't put up with mediocrity for long. why are you so intent on settling for it?

I'm absolutely not intent. I've said numerous times since Saturday's humiliation that I think things need to change. A couple of scheme changes (no more 2-gap, no more cover 2, WAY less shotgun formation, more power running and less finesse BS) and a couple of personnel changes (JP, Cotton & Garrison, potentially Beck, and potentially Els) need to be made this offseason.

I just don't think that we had very much talent on the defensive side of the ball this year. You watched the Wisconsin game. We were outrun, shoved around, and out-smarted. The last part falls on the coaches' shoulders, but our defense is just too slow for how small they are. I see a lot of young guys that will begin taking over spots on defense that are studs, if everything the coaches and other players say about them holds true. Thomas Brown, Michael Rose, Vincent Valentine, Jonathan Rose, Charles Jackson, Avery Moss, Aaron Curry, Greg McMullen, Jared Afalava, and Jordan Westerkamp on the offensive side of the ball. If Bo and Co. can finish off the DT spot with 4-6 more DT's including a couple of solid JUCO's, I think the defense should begin improving next year and hit its peak around 2014 or 2015.