Jump to content


Stumpy1

Members
  • Posts

    6,148
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Stumpy1 last won the day on January 19 2020

Stumpy1 had the most liked content!

About Stumpy1

  • Birthday 11/15/1978

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Stumpy1's Achievements

All Conference

All Conference (12/21)

4.1k

Reputation

  1. Did you not read the last part of my sentence? I mean, I could run straight ethanol in my pickup and still drive but it won’t run properly.
  2. It was stopped way before Biden and you know that. Biden just killed it completely which could/will hurt us in the future. If the pipeline was allowed to be built starting in 2010 or so, it would be completed today and would transport roughly 900,000 barrels a day. People need to realize that there is already a Keystone pipeline that runs from Canada down to Steele City, NE were it splits and goes all the way to the Gulf and to refineries in Illinois. The XL would have tied into the existing pipeline in Steele City to add increased volume for the refineries in Illinois and the Gulf. Another thing people need to know is that our own oil companies along with many others from different countries buy the oil from Canada before it is pumped. Once the oil is refined, other companies buy the refined products and have it transported via pipelines, ships, trucks or railways. I said it in another post and I will say it here. The refineries in the US are geared to refine heavy crude. The oil that we produce is a light to medium crude. We need the heavy crude from Canada and other countries to blend with US oil to make our refineries run properly.
  3. Well, I will believe people that would deal with it firsthand, such as myself, over what people read on twitter or some news articles.
  4. Nope. Our northern refineries already get crude from Canada.
  5. Another issue why US isn’t moving oil is due to our refineries. Our refineries are set up to refine heavy crude oil and everything the US produces is light to medium crude. That is why we import heavy crude and also why the Keystone XL would have fixed a lot of issues. They blend the heavy crude with our light crude to refine it.
  6. The Keystone XL would have definitely helped relieve issues.
  7. Last year, almost 10% of our imported oil came from Russia. Canada is our largest oil supplier and then Mexico, The Middle East and Russia are all about the same.
  8. They are building the facilities for the chips right now. I drove by it a couple of weeks ago and the size of the place is very impressive. I have a friend that is a part of the company that is building it and she was saying that the generators that they are bringing in are right at $2.5 million per and they expect to have around 100 or so of them. They are building the facilities for the chips right now. I drove by it a couple of weeks ago and the size of the place is very impressive. I have a friend that is a part of the company that is building it and she was saying that the generators that they are bringing in are right at $2.5 million per and they expect to have around 100 or so of them.
  9. He also said about a month ago that companies will need to up production to meet the demand and lower prices.
  10. Stop Clark and we might have a chance.
  11. A majority of plastic comes from natural gas but you are correct that almost all of our daily consumer goods come from oil. A barrel of oil is broken down into 75% refined products such as gasoline and diesel while the other 25% is used for things that we use daily in our lives. It is pretty amazing the amount of products that get produced from gas and oil.
  12. Oil and Gas isn't dying and it never will.
  13. We can supply ourselves with all the oil we want, we just don't do it.
  14. I don’t know about you guys but I sure am supporting the Iranians in this war against Russia.
×
×
  • Create New...