Interesting article on recruiting

Normally, I follow recruiting peripherally, if at all. It's interesting to see, but until they're signed, investing too much in finding out about a kid just isn't my style. Not knocking it, just giving folks an idea of who I am.

That being said, while surfing, I found this interesting article. It's written from the perspective of a former head lacrosse coach who now is a volunteer assistant at Denver University. I'm not normally a lacrosse guy either, but I am a college hockey guy, and the site I found the link on is a DU blog that has a lot of hockey coverage.

While there are a few specifics to lacrosse, the problems he details really are about any college team sport, and pretty much apply to high profile recruitment in them all. One place he actually talks about a convo with Jim Mora and the way college football recruitment is handled.

Just thought people might be interested in the view of a former coach regarding recruitment of college athletes. :) Here's the link:

http://www.tierlacrosse.com/blog/2012/12/7/repeat-after-me-the-verbal-commit-doesnt-mean-sh.html

Should be no contact until 2 months before signing :). Fast and Furious, take that AG Holder.

Nothing wrong with that. Coaches can still evaluate players. Players can still look at universities. NO CONTACT. You cheat, you lose. I like it. (while dodging slings and arrows).