Justice Department in favor of right to record police

I've just told people, "it's fine, just don't interfere with my investigation, don't get into my personal space, realize you're being recorded too and make sure you get my good side!" :lol:

That's an excellent way to handle it. It's probably particularly effective to remind them that they're also being recorded.

There are few things funnier than listening to the backpedaling when a defendant is making some outrageous claim about officer misconduct and they're reminded that the whole thing was recorded. "Well . . . ummmm . . . I thought he said something . . . . I can't remember . . ."

Sounds like you have some up close experience with this! Was waiting for a story.

Not really. Just a couple dashcam videos of officers becoming agitated and telling the drivers to turn off their cell phone cameras. They got increasingly angry but I've never seen it go beyond words.

I think they came out of training expecting people to comply with their every command.

Yeah, we had a younger guy come to our town to be a deputy. He also liked to partake in the younger scene on his nights off. Once he brandished his firearm at a party waving it around like it was the latest playboy. He was one of those guys that would try to start sh#t with people at bars or after parties. He liked to nail the area ho bags in the bathroom of parties when the girls were basically catatonic. It was really sketchy and borderline felonious. Word got back to the mayor as well as the COP and the scumbag was gone a couple months later.