Justice Department in favor of right to record police

I could care less if anyone films me, I'm filming and recording you so you can't make a false complaint about me and to document how you're acting for court. Go ahead film away, just don't stick the damn thing right in my face and get in my personal space. If you do.......................we'll have an issue then.

• Fire 1

I could care less if anyone films me, I'm filming and recording you so you can't make a false complaint about me and to document how you're acting for court. Go ahead film away, just don't stick the damn thing right in my face and get in my personal space. If you do.......................we'll have an issue then.

From what I've seen good police officers don't tend to care . . . a few of the younger and more hotheaded officers get annoyed in a big hurry.

From what I've seen good police officers don't tend to care . . . a few of the younger and more hotheaded officers get annoyed in a big hurry.

Go on.......

We have one older police officer that hates it and thinks it's illegal...............hey turbo, it's not! He needs to relax.........

We have one older police officer that hates it and thinks it's illegal...............hey turbo, it's not! He needs to relax.........

The only officers that I've seen that have an issue with it are two younger guys who are a little too agressive. Nothing more than an eye roll from the other officers.

I'm shocked that this was ever even in question.

I have all the respect in the world for police officers and the job they have. But, it's no different than any other line of work, there are a few bad apples in the basket. It is the public's right to be able to keep tabs on how they do their job. The police have the ability now to video tape what you do. We have the right to video tape what they do.

Sounds like you have some up close experience with this! Was waiting for a story.

Not really. Just a couple dashcam videos of officers becoming agitated and telling the drivers to turn off their cell phone cameras. They got increasingly angry but I've never seen it go beyond words.

I think they came out of training expecting people to comply with their every command.