Sam McKewon - It's time for the Big Ten to quit the girl

knapplc

It is interesting that with the new scheduling they chose to have the East get the 5 home games first. I heard that messed up Purdue and Sparty ND series with regard to getting in 7 home games. It wouldnt have if they had the West go first. I am sure there were lots of other issues beside the ND series, but it sure is gonna be a pain for MSU and Purdue. Let the conspiracy theories start. I am surprised Michigan has so much power, after all, they did get kicked out of the Big Ten for awhile....amost a century ago.

I think ND Joe is referring to when ND was passed over a long long time ago, mostly due to Michigan's objections. Since then, ND has turned down offers twice. Once after Penn State joined, and also in 1999 when they were almost in, but the board of trustees killed the idea. Ironically, if they had joined, I doubt the Big Ten would have been looking to expand again. ND is in the ACC now, but at least ND Joe seems to like hanging out on Big Ten boards. :-)

Ironically I found this place trying to warn Huskers not to get involved with the Big10. Apparently Director Osborne wasn't reading.

We all know NDJ is Lou Holtz! Sssuuuffferin Sssauckatashhh!!