NCAA Bails on Video Game License

www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2013/july/ncaa+will+not+renew+ea+sports+contract

Alas, this will be the final year in which you can play as your beloved team stocked with their current players unpaid labor student athletes. As much as I hate the NCAA, I love me some NCAA EA Sports football. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR FUTURE GAMES?

Reading through some stuff on Twitter, it appears most of the schools are licensed individually. So it really remains to be seen what happens. EA could license each school, but I wonder if the NCAA will frown upon that. Rumors are if they do end up going that route, the game will change name to "College Football '15" or whatever. One thing that could happen through this, is maybe other developers jump into the game, if it's shown that the schools are open to still license out to video games. Which is nothing but good for consumers.

Reading through some stuff on Twitter, it appears most of the schools are licensed individually. So it really remains to be seen what happens. EA could license each school, but I wonder if the NCAA will frown upon that. Rumors are if they do end up going that route, the game will change name to "College Football '15" or whatever. One thing that could happen through this, is maybe other developers jump into the game, if it's shown that the schools are open to still license out to video games. Which is nothing but good for consumers.

i wonder if they will license less schools? just teams from the bigger conferences? then some generic filler teams.