Shaking my head...once again

Once again I shake my head at the lack of coaching that was displayed this past Saturday. It seems to be the "norm" the past six years Bo has been here. What really chaps my ass is once teams begin to gain momentum against us, the coaches have no answer to stop it. It seems like every year a team exploits a weakness on our team that inturn sets the blue print for others to follow.

Bo's arrogance is over due in my book. He had the chance to land a proven Defensive Coordinator (Stoops) but I believe his own stubborness shot that idea down and instead, hired a buddy. Hiring a buddy seems to be Bo's trend and I for one am tired of it. Sure, it wouldn't be so bad if his "buddies" knew what the hell they were doing, but obviously they don't.

I am sure I am not alone when I say that Bo's days are numbered. I really hate saying that because I know there are ups and downs in college football, but we have had far too many. You can see in other programs, newly hired coaches make impacts that start their respected programs to rise again. Ours? Medicore at best!

Every chance Bo had to overhaul the staff the argument was put forward: Hire someone who's your equal or your better. Bo's "coach-in-training" approach would be fine, provided he himself was an established head coach with a winning record. That he didn't beat down the doors to get the best coordinators money could buy is a primary reason I believe we're at this sad juncture. I don't know what Beck is even attempting to do with the offense anymore. And Pap--well--what is his job, exactly?

All of which is beside the point. Nebraska is between average and terrible in all three phases of the game and virtually every time we play a ranked team we are yet again exposed in some way or another. In year six I think most folks are somewhat short on excuses for it.

Every chance Bo had to overhaul the staff the argument was put forward: Hire someone who's your equal or your better. Bo's "coach-in-training" approach would be fine, provided he himself was an established head coach with a winning record. That he didn't beat down the doors to get the best coordinators money could buy is a primary reason I believe we're at this sad juncture. I don't know what Beck is even attempting to do with the offense anymore. And Pap--well--what is his job, exactly?

All of which is beside the point. Nebraska is between average and terrible in all three phases of the game and virtually every time we play a ranked team we are yet again exposed in some way or another. In year six I think most folks are somewhat short on excuses for it.

Wyoming did a hell of a job doing that and they weren't even ranked.