#36 Nick Pasquale events, stories and kind words about Nebraska

http://www.bruinsnat...part-2-nebraska

Some things in life are more important than the final score of a football game

One thing that was more important than the final score was the character of the Nebraska football program, and that includes their fans. We confirmed this week that Nebraska fans are about as classy as you will ever find. When I wrote on the morning after the Nebraska game last season, I said that I wanted us to be like Nebraska. I wanted us to be a deeply passionate fan base that wore the same color blue and filled the stadium every week and welcomed the opponents and respected the game and set the standard for what a home field advantage looked like. Well, Nebraska took my great fan card and completely trumped it with kind words from their head coach on Monday and #36 stickers on their helmets and a moment of silence and blue and yellow balloons and a banner before the game and more humanity and decency than I have ever seen from an opposing team. And in doing so, they upped that standard for a fan base to a whole new level. If everyone had the same heart and concern for their fellow man as those Nebraska folks, the world would be a far far better place.

Husker fans will be disappointed about this loss for a few weeks, but I hope they will appreciate that the goodwill and respect they have earned in our eyes and in the hearts and minds of anyone around the country who was following these events is worth more than 5 National Championships, and it will be remembered far longer than the final score. So as the final score rolled up in our favor, I just couldn't cheer quite as loud knowing the disappointment those amazing people were feeling.

• Fire 4

http://www.foxsportswest.com/collegefootball/ucla-bruins/story/Nebraska-goes-extra-mile-in-honoring-UCL?blockID=940027&feedID=3707

Nebraska goes extra mile in honoring Nick Pasquale

"The fact that they would put the No. 36 decal on their helmet, that they would have a moment of silence, that their student section would cheer is when we took the field, you just don't find that many places," said UCLA coach Jim Mora. "It's just a true testament to the people here at Nebraska and how much they care about football and we are very, very appreciative of that."

"I just want to start by saying a very heartfelt thanks to the A.D. Shawn Eichorst here, the head coach Bo Pelini, to the 'Husker nation, the fans, their students and their players for the compassion that they showed this week," Mora said. "I thought it was an incredible gesture that they made here at Nebraska and I think it just shows the kind of class that they have."

There have been a lot of stories in southern California TV and newspapers about how classy the Nebraska athletic department and the Nebraska fans have been about commemorating the life of Nick Pasquale.

I want to extend my personal thanks to all Nebraska fans and family for their wonderful thoughtfullness.

There have been a lot of stories in southern California TV and newspapers about how classy the Nebraska athletic department and the Nebraska fans have been about commemorating the life of Nick Pasquale.

I want to extend my personal thanks to all Nebraska fans and family for their wonderful thoughtfullness.

I will second that. As my Dad used to say... "Class and dignity is like virginity. You can only really lose it once" You all showed how a class program and fan base should act. Good luck to you in the games ahead.