So when I moved I upgraded my internet service to Cox Premier because of all the appliances, xbox360, ps3, pc's, cellphones etc. The other day I get this message about upgrading my modem because I am not taking advantage of the total service. So I purchased a DOCSIS 3 modem 8x4 and got it all setup, the tech assured me I would see improved performance. Well a week goes by and several lags later on my hockey game, I decide to do a speed test. 28Mbps, not even close in my book to 50Mbps. Now I know the 50 is "up too", I get this, but the tech told me, when I called that 28 is better than halfway and that is acceptable. Really? How about here's a dollar more than half of your paycheck, deal with it. Anyway I went on the cox internet forum, found a lot of complaints about this service, posted mine and Chris the board moderator entered a service code and now I'm at 66Mbps on the latest test. My point is don't call Cox, post online in their forum. Chris said that the Premier service is the only tier that needs a service code. Don't call and ask about it because they will tell you that your crazy. And if you upgraded, make sure the service code was entered right.

• Fire 1

Make sure you give Cox enough information to figure out who it was that "helped" you over the phone. That person needs to lose their job, and you should be the one to see it set in motion. It's long past time that idiot tech support mouth breathers are out of a job. Too many people take it without lube from them and never complain.