Bo Contract Extension

scbhusker

I will say it if nobody else will. If the document turns out to be authentic, I think the question needs to be asked as to why a coach that just got his ass handed to him in the CCG is deserving of a contract extension to 5 years from 4 years. If it truly was due to internal politics as some have suggested, that would be pretty petty on Osborne's part. The decision looks questionable at best. All of this hinges on the document's authenticity of course.

It is authentic, it didn't make sense then, and looks even worse now. His buyout apparently is $150K per month left on his contract at the time of termination.

• Fire 1

Not sure what to believe what get's thrown out there anymore. 5 year extension sounds excessive. 3 years would be fair and understandable. IMO
It was a 2 yr extension. It's pretty standard for coaches to have 5 yrs on a contract as a rule. I believe, It also has a mitigation clause in it so if he's fired we owe him the pay minus any pay he gets from a new job. So the almost 8 million is reduced. TO also protected the athletic department.

It really doesn't change anything other than add another 1.5 million to the buyout if HP decides to fire him. And as I stated before, with B10 money that isn't a very big deal anymore. It doesn't mean Bo is safe today where he wasn't yesterday.

Oh OK, I guess it was just standard and not a dig at Harvey then.

Yep approximately a 7.2 million dollar buyout. Based on article 12 of his original contract it looks like he and the AD do a performance appraisal each year. Resigned in December, 12 days after a 70-31 loss to boost the contract to 5 years total. Wow.

So Bo did resign...

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing scbhusker meant "re-signed," as in Bo signed again, instead of "resigned" as in Bo quit.

That still doesn't explain why we gave a coach an extension after he led the team to one of the most embarrassing blowouts of this century. It doesn't seem like TO would act against NU's best interests just to spit in Perlman's eye.

This Severe guy says he got a copy through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Whoosh