Congrats to Touchdown Tommie Frazier + Shatels article

True2tRA

Yea for Tommie. I got to meet him at a Okla Cornhusker Club event a couple of years ago. He was very cordial - greatest player to never win the Heisman. He proved the voters wrong in the next game - Florida didn't know what hit him and they sure didn't know how to tackle him on the 72-78 yard run. If not for the blown calls against FSU - Tommie would be wearing 3 championship rings and deserving everyone of them. I don't think any single player made as much diff for a program as what Tommie did for NU - turning us from a 7 bowl games in a row losers to the 1990's team of the decade.

Just taking in NUpolo8's comments on Tommie Frazier and just allowing that to sink in. I think Tommie did all he could do at the University of Nebraska during his playing career. I'm aware of his coaching experiences at Baylor and Doane College. I on the other hand, would have liked to have seen how Touchdown Tommie would have done had he headed back home to Florida. My gut feeling is that he'd mixed in better at one of the many schools inside the state of Florida. He could have taken his wife and kids and returned home to find a school that would have those type A personality ball players that would best fit his style. He did a wonderful job at NU by getting Nebraska over the hump in the '90s. That's enough of an accomplishment by itself! It looks like he could have returned home to make it as a positions coach. I would have liked to have seen that for Frazier. Nebraska had its national championships from 1970 and 1971 (and should have had one in 1983 [kick the PAT and make Miami's 28-3 regular season loss to Florida stick]). Frazier gave Nebraska a few more after the Johnny Rodgers era. I could see Tommie Frazier coaching the quarterbacks at a place like Central Florida FWIW. He'd have them humming - I have no doubt!