CIA lied about torture

A report by the Senate Intelligence Committee concludes that the CIA misled the government and the public about aspects of its brutal interrogation program for years — concealing details about the severity of its methods, overstating the significance of plots and prisoners, and taking credit for critical pieces of intelligence that detainees had in fact surrendered before they were subjected to harsh techniques. . . .

“The CIA described [its program] repeatedly both to the Department of Justice and eventually to Congress as getting unique, otherwise unobtainable intelligence that helped disrupt terrorist plots and save thousands of lives,” said one U.S. official briefed on the report. “Was that actually true? The answer is no.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cia-misled-on-interrogation-program-senate-report-says/2014/03/31/eb75a82a-b8dd-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html

Cool Hand Luke.

I believe a complete purge could be the most expedient way of attempting to rein in a government agency that doesn't like to obey it's leaders and the law. Of course, that could include many other government agencies too. :D

I believe a complete purge could be the most expedient way of attempting to rein in a government agency that doesn't like to obey it's leaders and the law.

Agreed. At the very least get rid of anyone and everyone in a leadership position at the CIA who participated in this.

I believe a complete purge could be the most expedient way of attempting to rein in a government agency that doesn't like to obey it's leaders and the law.

Agreed. At the very least get rid of anyone and everyone in a leadership position at the CIA who participated in this.

Agree. It's pretty dang difficult for a President or Congress to make wise decisions on what is going on without good information. If people below them are purposely giving bad information then changes need to be made.