Black America

Hmmm....I could be wrong and TGHusker could correct me if I am.

But, I took his comments as meaning in the area of improving life for black America.

I think that's what TGHusker meant as well

That's not what he said . . . but we can address those for "black America" if you'd like:

1. Economy - Not race specific.

2. Unemployment - Peaked relatively early in the recession and has since receded. Did more black people find jobs than white? Are there less racist employers than there were 10 years ago? I actually would like to see the statistic. If everyone is correct and the world is stacked against black people, then I would place a bet that unemployment went down more in white America than Black. I hope I'm wrong and welcome the proof.

3. Combat deaths - I think that (2010 numbers) around 30% of active duty enlisted women and 16% of active duty enlisted men were black. Around ~12% of Americans are black so it's fair to say that they are disproportionally represented in our military. It's probably an improvement that they aren't dying as frequently, right? You are really stretching here as a benefit as it applies to racism in America. The military is completely voluntary. Yes, fewer black people are dying on the battle field But, so are white people. Are fewer people discriminating against black people because of it?

4. Uninsured rate - The uninsured rate for black Americans dropped from 18.9% to 15.1% in the first year of the ACA. Is it still higher than in white America?

5. Environmental protection - Not race specific.

6. Medical inflation rates - Not race specific.

7. Financial regulation - Not race specific.

8. Deficit - Not race specific.

Either way . . . whether TG meant just black Americans or whether he meant all Americans . . . you'd have to have your head jammed pretty damn far up there to think that nothing has improved under Obama.

The OP was about racism and how black people are in such horrible conditions compared to white people. Your post doesn't speak anything of that.

Slow down with the edits, BRB. Haha. It makes it hard to address your comments.

My comments were in response to this quote:
"Has anything improved under Obama?"

I provided a list of things that have, in fact, improved under Obama.

Then you and SPH decided to add a few words to make the question "Has anything in black America improved under Obama?"

I listed the very same things that either apply equally across the demographic spectrum or specific examples showing improvement among blacks.

Now you want to further alter the question to ask "Has anything in black America improved comparatively more than improvements in white America under Obama?"

Excuse me while I bow out. If you keep changing the question there is no way to provide an answer. Let's just agree that everything is terrible and getting far worse thanks to Obummer, eh? Silly.

Did more black people find jobs than white?

No. Was that the question? Some people seem strangely eager to add conditions to what seemed like a straightforward question. :P

Is it still higher than in white America?

Same answer.

I'm just confused by your response as it pertains to the OP. The OP displays how far behind black people are in America compared to white people. You then list a bunch of improvements. When i question if those really helped black people get more equal to white's, you act confused.

So, I'm confused by your confusion.

No. Was that the question? Some people seem strangely eager to add conditions to what seemed like a straightforward question. :P

Same answer.

I'm just confused by your response as it pertains to the OP. The OP displays how far behind black people are in America compared to white people. You then list a bunch of improvements. When i question if those really helped black people get more equal to white's, you act confused.

Look at the post that I replied to. I quoted a specific post. It wasn't the OP.

As a matter of fact . . . the post that I quoted didn't even specifically respond to the OP.

Hopefully that clears it up. :thumbs

Same answer.

Look at the post that I replied to. I quoted a specific post. It wasn't the OP.

As a matter of fact . . . the post that I quoted didn't even specifically respond to the OP.

Hopefully that clears it up. :thumbs

Fore which, I said that I believe he was talking about specifically what has improved to make Blacks more equal in America and you then responded to my post where I responded to that post.

So...it gets back to the fact you responded pretty much to the original post.

Fore which, I said that I believe he was talking about specifically what has improved to make Blacks more equal in America and you then responded to my post where I responded to that post.

That is not at all what he asked. You could be right that it's what he meant . . . but if words still have meaning it is not what he asked.

• Fire 1

Slow down with the edits, BRB. Haha. It makes it hard to address your comments.

My comments were in response to this quote:

"Has anything improved under Obama?"

I provided a list of things that have, in fact, improved under Obama.

Then you and SPH decided to add a few words to make the question "Has anything in black America improved under Obama?"

I listed the very same things that either apply equally across the demographic spectrum or specific examples showing improvement among blacks.

Now you want to further alter the question to ask "Has anything in black America improved comparatively more than improvements in white America under Obama?"

Excuse me while I bow out. If you keep changing the question there is no way to provide an answer. Let's just agree that everything is terrible and getting far worse thanks to Obummer, eh? Silly.

How am I changing the question? The original post, depicted the idea that black people are nowhere close to white people in America. I believe you erroneously threw out a response that didn't apply to what TGH (in his post) was talking about.

Hey, if you want to bow out...I'm fine doing that too.

That is not at all what he asked. You could be right that it's what he meant . . . but if words still have meaning it is not what he asked.

Yeah.