My B1G 2014 Season

Creed

Ok it started out disastrous and my opening season thread stated the early OOC games for the B1G may determine whether the B1G gets a playoff spot based on its bruised reputation. I said a good showing in the LSU vs Wisc, OSU vs VT, MIch St vs Oregon and Mich vs ND games could have done a lot to heal the B1G wounds.

Well it didn't go to well for the B1G in September. I got in a big fight with the boss as she wanted me to go a church event and I said no, I wanted to play in a golf outing then watch Mich St vs Oregon and OSU vs VT. The fight lasted into Sunday then I got to hear ESPN take a big dump on the B1G which lasted for a few weeks. I wasn't my usual CFB self.

The B1G 'plodded" its way thru the regular season with 2/3 ranked teams but none in the top 10, while ESPN discussed the SEC getting multiple teams in the playoff and how the SEC West was like the NFLs 7th division. Can someone put up that pic of Skip Bayless' 4-playoff teams - 1. Miss St 2- Alabama 3 - Miss 4 - Texas AM and that was October 29.

Then after years and years of painful losses and bad breaks for the B1G, something happened. OSU controversially got into the final 4 while much of the country cried foul. Then comes bowl season and people stating the B1G will go 0-10 as they were underdogs across the board. While some B1G teams continued to lay eggs (Illinois, Iowa, Minn) I saw some B1G teams showing some mettle. PSU comes back to beat BC. Rutgers wood sheds an ACC team. Nebraska played tough against USC and could have won.

NYD arrives and I was in a good mood. 2 top SEC teams got blown out on NYE. I was on a cruise sitting poolside and was checking the NYD games at the pool side bar. They had Baylor vs Mich St on and I quickly gave up on that one. Checking the Wisc-Auburn scores, it was close but I figure the SEC would pull it out like usual. Mid-afternoon I ask some Mich State fans about the Wisc game and they said Wisc won. A while later I go into the café and see everyone around the tv watching the Baylor-Mich St game, most people rooting for Baylor. I got to see Mich St win that one over the arena football team from Waco.

Then I see Alabama get out to a big lead on OSU. It all changed after that Bama thug taunted the OSU player and then OSU came back and really dominated that game. This was satisfying because I would say for years that the SEC ghetto thugs would get away with dirty play, taunting, etc on us more refined B1G teams. Never a flag until this year.

Then the ultimate as OSU beats the speedy, high flying Ducks which nobody gave OSU a chance.

Now the conversation is about the B1G resurgence. I wouldn't go that far but if PSU continues to improve and Mich and Neb got their hires right, we could see the B1G as one of the top conferences on an annual basis.

See everyone next summer.