McKewon's Spring Game wrap-up

zoogs

OWH

This was a lot of football. Maybe too much for Sam, he looks exhausted at the end of his video review!

Yes, it was that kind of spring game. A day for check-downs those short passes to running backs when all receivers are covered and evaluations, for quarterbacks to be taken to the ground and even, in Armstrongs case, to throw a downfield block. No relay races, no fat dudes catching punts, no cheerleaders calling plays no trick plays of any kind no mid-quarter marriage proposals, no YouTube memories. Just straight football, a decision driven by Riley, who pulled back the reins on physicality for most of spring practice only to let players loose on Saturday.

I loved that, Riley said

Another tidbit I missed on earlier, Riley says there will be a "pretty defined" 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string going into fall camp. It certainly feels like the coaches have made the most out of this spring. There's a sense of urgency that they have to hit fall camp running.

Here's Sam's video report.

He didn't even mention his name. I wonder if that's because he's really taking the "approach this game with a grain of salt." That'd be my guess - TA is the incumbent, people said a lot of good things about Bush for the course of the spring and we've seen Fyfe play in the past.