Cardinals Game/Pics

Jay and I went to San Diego to see the Cardinals play 3 games with the San Diego Padres. The Cardinals lost the first 2 games and won the last game. We sat by 2 very nice gals and we are going to stay in touch. We sure had alot of laughs with them. We also became friends with a woman who worked there, she checked tickets by where we were sitting, etc. She was very nice to us too and we are going to stay in touch also. An attorney got us the tickets, him and his wife were in New York and the seats were right behind first base. It was so nice for him to get us tickets and he gave them to us free:) Nice to know that there are still very nice people in this world:) I am a lot like my dad was, I can talk to anyone, boy did we have alot of fun. We walked from the hotel to the stadium for the first game. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot and the people who worked there said it was only a 12 minute walk, boy were they ever wrong! It was more like a half hour to an hour. After that experience, Jay had found a phone number that you could call and a ride would pick you up and take you to your hotel. It only took them 2 minutes or so to pick us up and they were alot cheaper than taking a cab! Jay figured out in advance where the Cardinals would be staying at and he called to get a room there for us to stay but, the price they charged was ridiculous so we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot. It was a very nice hotel we stayed at and the staff was great! After the ball games, we went to the hotel where the Cardinals were staying at and we went to the bar at that hotel. Like I said, I am like my dad and I can talk to anyone and we became friends with the bartender. I called him number 1 bartender, it is a very long story on how I came up with that name for him. While we were there at the bar, Johnny Peralta and John Lackey were there from the Cardinals. Johnny plays short stop and John is a pitcher. Lance Lynn, another pitcher for the Cardinals was standing right by John Lackey and someone asked him for his autograph and he said "no, not at the hotel. I didn't see it happen, but, Jay saw it. So here I go up to John and got his autograph and I didn't even look at Lance Lynn. To be honest, I didn't even know he was standing right there. I hope it made him eat his words a little since he turned down a fan who wanted his autograph and I didn't even bother to ask him:) Ok, now to get to Johnny Peralta:) He is a true sweetheart. He let Jay take a picture of us together and I got his autograph:) He put his arm around me while Jay took the picture, now that made me smile big time:) I talked to him twice on two different occasions while we were there,. Once was at the bar and another time, it was after a game. What I told him after the game, made him laugh, he thought it was funny what I said, or maybe, he just thought I was just plain wierd:) He sure looks alot different then he does on tv and on the big screen they have at the game. He is smaller than I thought he was and he is very nice. Below is a picture of Johnny and I/Stadium

• Fire 1