McKewon: Latest blow from Badgers has Huskers feeling stuck on repeat

zoogs

OWH (McKewon): Latest blow from Badgers has Huskers feeling stuck on repeat

LINCOLN Mike Riley didnt want to sound like a broken record. The coach would, of course, because Nebraska lost for the fourth time in this halfway-gone season, again right at the end, again after the Huskers had failed to put away the game themselves. Again with the self-inflicted, mind-numbing wounds, again and again and again with this and, now, yes, of course, because it hasnt happened enough already, yet again.

Good article. Great beat on the team and the game. Lots of soundbites from different Nebraska players, coaches. If you watch Sam's video takeaway from the stadium right after the game, it's a great watch.

Said Sam: "They're playing hard, but they're not getting rewarded for it....it gets more and more bleak... They've got to try to stay positive and build on what happened here today....what a tough afternoon. It was a fun game and a great crowd, but Nebraska loses again."

And a fitting closing thought from the head man.

"I'm sorry for those guys", Riley said of his players. "We want to help them -- more than ever in our lives, it feels like."

We're all hurting now. We're all Husker fans, too. Let's hurt together.

...and I'm pretty sure, they'll tell you they're playing hard for their coaches and themselves as well. More than a few players, thanks to a preponderance of crappy fans, many representatives of which can be found on social media, and forums like this, have expressed explicitly, they're not playing for the fans.

...and I'm pretty sure, they'll tell you they're playing hard for their coaches and themselves as well. More than a few players, thanks to a preponderance of crappy fans, many representatives of which can be found on social media, and forums like this, have expressed explicitly, they're not playing for the fans.

What's up Bo

I'm no Bo fan, but we'd be fooling ourselves, if we didn't realize our complicity in stirring up these feelings among the team.

That's rich.

Funny, because the knowitallfootball.com blog you think is so insightful, is citing precisely the same thing

you the fans who were supposedly more dedicated and passionate than any in the nation