Unwanted Gift

slacker

Okay, so if it didn't have fur or scales or wings, it must have hair...right?

Was the animal herbivorous?    carnivorous?  or omnivorous?

Was the animal alive?

The nobleman insulted the king...was this insult attributed to a gift that the nobleman gave the King?

Okay, so if it didn't have fur or scales or wings, it must have hair...right? YES

Was the animal herbivorous? YES carnivorous? NO or omnivorous? NO

Was the animal alive? YES

The nobleman insulted the king...was this insult attributed to a gift that the nobleman gave the King? NO

A liger? bred for its skills in magic? NO

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Some sort of rodent? Canine? Primate? Swine?

Bovine? Feline? Equine? Deer family (elk, moose, gazelle, etc.)? Elephant?

Could you find this animal typically in Africa? America? Australia? Europe? Asia?

Would the animal fit in a shoe box? refrigerator box? box car?

Was the animal obtained/bought from another person? Was it captured in the wild?

Did the nobleman request the gift? Demand something from the King? Want the crown? Want something else that the king had? Infuriated the king with something he said? or did? or didn't do?

Does the animal have traits that mirror the traits/habits/behavior of the nobleman (i.e. sloth = slow; skunk = stinky, raccoon = thief)?

Some sort of rodent?    Canine?      Primate?      Swine?

Bovine?      Feline?        Equine?        Deer family (elk, moose, gazelle, etc.)?    Elephant?   

Could you find this animal typically in Africa?    America?    Australia?    Europe?  Asia? 

Would the animal fit in a shoe box?  refrigerator box?    box car? 

Was the animal obtained/bought from another person?    Was it captured in the wild?   

Did the nobleman request the gift?    Demand something from the King?    Want the crown?      Want something else that the king had?    Infuriated the king with something he said?    or did?  or didn't do? 

Does the animal have traits that mirror the traits/habits/behavior of the nobleman (i.e. sloth = slow; skunk = stinky, raccoon = thief)?

Some sort of rodent? NO Canine? NO Primate? NO Swine? NO Bovine? NO Feline? NO Equine? NO Deer family (elk, moose, gazelle, etc.)? NO Elephant? YES

Could you find this animal typically in Africa? YES America? NO Australia? NO Europe? NO Asia? YES

Would the animal fit in a shoe box? NO refrigerator box? NO box car? YES

Was the animal obtained/bought from another person? NO Was it captured in the wild? YES

Did the nobleman request the gift? NO Demand something from the King? NO Want the crown? NO Want something else that the king had? NO Infuriated the king with something he said? NO or did? NO or didn't do? Actually, I said NO to all of these, who knows, the important things is the King was displeased with the nobleman, which was the reason he gave him the gift. The reason he was displeased isn't important.

Does the animal have traits that mirror the traits/habits/behavior of the nobleman (i.e. sloth = slow; skunk = stinky, raccoon = thief)? NO, or at least its not relevant here.

Did the noble man suffer from elephantaisis....like Joseph Merrick?

Does it matter where the nobleman came from? live?

Was the gift of the elephant a statement to the nobleman from the King?

Did the noble man suffer from elephantaisis....like Joseph Merrick? NO

Does it matter where the nobleman came from? NO live? NO

Was the gift of the elephant a statement to the nobleman from the King? YES, basically that he was displeased.

Maybe since the nobleman did somethin that the king didnt like, the king gave him the elephant because he knew he wouldnt like it, the elephant was possibly too much for the nobleman to take care of?

Maybe since the nobleman did somethin that the king didnt like, the king gave him the elephant because he knew he wouldnt like it, the elephant was possibly too much for the nobleman to take care of? YES, getting warmer.

Well because an elephant is sooo large, and its a herbivore, and its has to do with a time when there was a king, maybe since its a nobleman he has land, and the king gave him the elephant because as big as an elephant is its gonna eat a crap load of grass and whatever else plants the eat everyday, and drink alot of water, so pretty much jus havin an elephant around would make it way harder for the man to live, if its even possible for him to sustain the elephant at all.

Hey, I thought my answer was the solution to the riddle. Didn't realize there was more. :wacko:

I liked the solution that the King gave the nobleman one of his concubines...who turned out to be one of the nobleman's daughters. That solution sounds more twisted than giving the nobleman an elephant that will eventually eat a sh*tload of crops. By the way, I did a quick search on how much an elephant eats and drinks. 300-600 pounds of food and 30-50 gallons of H2O a day!