Osborne says 'you can have my skybox back'

Wow. This was a serious statement. Im not the type to read into everything just to get a dramatic twist, but regardless of Tom's true intent of this, he had to know this was going to send a strong message, and he definitely accomplished that.

This is pretty interesting when you think about it.

What do you think was the most significant result (regardless of intent) of this move.. Political gain? Personal statement?

He invariably gained voters for his future run for Governorship - since the majority of fans seemed to be anti-"how SP handled the situation", this was a message that he is dis-associating himself the "higher ups" within the program, and associating himself with "common person" by sitting down with the people.

Almost as if he's saying "you made it clear that Im not a part of the "program" anymore, and dont have a say in decisions, so I'll make it clear that Im not a part of you guys either".

I think this was an interesting point by the StatePaper:

Previously, Osborne made clear that he doesn't want a planned athletic complex to bear his name and that of his wife, Nancy. He said he hoped NU would find some wealthy contributor or company to hang their moniker on it.

His suggestion that the complex be named for someone who would give NU lots of money was also the theme when he announced he didn't want his skybox.

Do you discern a pattern? Something like: "It's money you're consumed with, so take this and go get some more."

What do you guys think?

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/displ...8/4033bed6c403c

Eh. No biggy. But I am sure all the rtards that call into the wanna be Romey show

(Harrahs sports sound off) will read into it. Then Tommy Frazier will accuse them of

being drunk again. :) That one was funny, if any of you saw it.

He is a political man now and needs to keep his eyes on the right prize which is

whatever he decides to run for.

He said himself this isn't because of the changes. It seems more of a political

move to me.

"It was nice of Bill Byrne," Osborne told Steve Sipple of the Lincoln Journal-Star, "but I don't have any connection with the athletic department anymore, and being in public office, I don't want to give the impression I'm getting something for nothing."

Nail on head.