** 2017 Husker Previews: OffTackle Empire **

The Nebraska Cornhuskers 2017 Preview

Your boss is a Nebraska fan? Yeah, you should probably pull up a seat and learn something.

The pass never really had a chance.

You could debate the relative merits of throwing the football in the first place, but the game was still in question and before you knew it, the Nebraska Cornhuskers found themselves down 7-0 in the Shoe and, well, the rest was history. The Ohio State Buckeyes would build on that Damon Webb interception, and by the time the last gun sounded, the Huskers would walk dejectedly down that hallway and back to the away locker room as 62-3 losers.

Just one week earlier, Nebraska fought tooth and nail in Madison, and almost pulled off the impossible win. However, no matter what gains in momentum you saw there, they were all lost in Columbus that day. For a team that would be a little Dr. Jekyll, and a lot of Mr. Hyde, the worst of it reared its ugly head. Nebraska - despite its Top 10 ranking - was not back, and the climb to some form of prominence would wait one year more.

With 2016 in the rearview mirror, and the third year of the Mike Riley Experience on the horizon, it’s time to figure out what happened, where we’re going, and how you can talk about it to get through that insufferable party with your new boss from Nebraska. You know, the guy who came with the Berkshire acquisition and now is throwing a cash-bar cocktail party. Insurance... Maybe you should have changed professions... Wait, where were we? Uh, yes. I remember. It’s time for the 2017 Nebraska Cornhuskers Cocktail Party Preview.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2017/6/26/15871910/nebraska-cornhuskers-2017-preview-mike-riley-tanner-lee-bob-diaco

Nebraska Football and Lowered Offensive Expectations

New QB, new receivers: Can the Huskers rebuild quickly?

The Nebraska Cornhuskers football team enters some uncharted territory in 2017 as they look to break in a brand new QB, thus ending the long line of mobile threats who may or may not have been able to throw a football. Tulane transfer Tanner Lee is turning a lot of heads in Lincoln, but previous experience feels less than convincing. Add to it that security blanket Jordan Westerkamp, big TE threat Cethan Carter, and pretty much all of last year’s receiving yards went with the turning of the calendar, and well, you have an interesting offensive dilemma in front of you.

That in mind, excitement still abounds. What do you think is a reasonable expectation for this team offensively? Can Tanner Lee get in sync with Stanley Morgan? Will Demornay Pierson-El fight back from an injury riddled 2016? Will Mike Riley finally be able to take advantage of the TE role? Or, is this pro-style offense a disaster waiting to happen?

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2017/6/26/15872818/lowered-expectations-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-offense-preview-2017-tanner-lee-stanley-morgan

Nebraska Football: Have you ever fired your best friend?

When I was younger, my entire life ambition was to be so rich that I could hire all of my friends to hang out with me and make money. It was a simple enough premise, and my small group of friends and I would talk about the future as if we had already made it. Now currently 32 years old - and not so rich that I can hire all of my friends to hang out with me and make money - the dream is mostly dead, but every once in a while a joke is still made.

Very few people have the opportunity to work with their friends. It’s just a fact of life. Sure, you can make friends where you work, but bringing your friends with you is tough. Of course, that is exactly what Mike Riley did when he came to Nebraska.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2017/6/27/15878094/nebraska-football-mike-riley-mark-banker-fired-friends-cutthroat

• Fire 1