Nebraska is a young team

LJS had a preview of spring practice in it. Looking through the depth chart I noticed that in all, offense, defense and special teams, that Nebraska is extremly young.

On offense for the top two, as of now, the projected starter and his backup, only 6 are seniors, with 3 of them as the backup.

On defense there are less, there are only 5 seniors with only 1 backing up as of now.

Juniors show up the most on the two deep depth chart. I certainly didn't relieve Nu was going to be this young. I would also suspect new freshman, Murtha and RB Brandon Jackson will get serious looks. That's a trend I have noticed in college footbal. The need to get younger guys in the mix because of 85 'ships

Can we win with the youth??????

While this hurts in the short term, it could be a real boon in the long term. Given a new system, this means that those projected starters have a chance to grow into the system, so to speak.

I'm certainly not writing off the up-coming season, but I also understand that the youth and the new system will mean a lot of growing pains. It will be a couple of years before we can judge the condition of the program.

I would say winning the North is attainable and probably a good goal for this year,

being that it is probably going to be a learning year.

I would look for some mistakes in key games because of the lack of experience.

But hey, what do we know? :) We could all be in for a suprise. Be it a good one or bad.