Real Head Coach Expectations

17 hours ago, Husker03 said:

No doubt our own fanbase has been humbled, and for the better I am sure, painful painful painful as it has been. That said, I think we would be happy with that coaches record to a point, but having tasted national titles, after a long enough run of close but no cigar, there would be rumblings no doubt. I'm with Boneyard, I'd take our chances with a homegrown tough as nails Nebraska boy with a great coaching pedigree, good offensive knack, strong historic resume, and the passion to do this thing, all day long over as opposed to any other coach.  The man is making changes, I don't understand why people won't give him at least some credit. The proof is in the pudding. He came in, the program was a mess, he did things his way. Not all of those things worked well, he used the drawing board, changed things up, and took a run at it again. New glaring holes showed up, so, he again this off season has gone back to the board, changed things, added things, and is ready to make a run again. I'm not as scared of the schedule as most. Like I said, we are either a good team or we are not.  Good teams don't automatically fold wins to other good teams. Top 25 teams don't fear other Top 25 teams. So, we are either that caliber or we are not, but the team lined up across the field doesn't get to determine it.

That's as solid of a perspective as I've read on this board of late and basically sums up my take on this current state of Husker football. When the break from the current state of losing happens it is going to be from one season to the next, here's to it being in 2020!:smokin

• Plus1 2