Obama pulls the race card. Imagine that

Why does the media and in turn, the average "person on the street" perpetuate the notion that this should be a popularity contest?

We're not picking a best friend and (I hope not) a role model for our kids..We need to focus on who will do the best job of getting things done to make living here preferable to living somewhere else.

Anybody else notice our economy and even sometimes our ecology seems to do better when we have someone in office that we wouldn't trust to be alone with our Wife?

These guys' "Handlers" wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't shape their speeches to the audience.

(While giving a speech to a group of Farmers or Katrina survivors, they'd want to stress flood relief..While giving speeches to the rust belt..mainly mention something about bringing in more industry..While giving a speech in Colorado City..somehow work into your spiel how you dated several women at the same time..and that there's something to be said about plural Marriage or at least stress individual rights over Government intervention)...It's called "Getting elected".

It would be swell if the nicest guy won (in a perfect world), but we need our best people in there to wrassle with our enemies (Foreign and Domestic)

There's still issues that I'm undecided about , but the trick is not to get caught up in every single issue or try to find someone who tries to make me think he thinks exactly like me...and try to look at the big picture.

McCain wont make any of the nasty attacks himself. The 3rd party people he 'cant control' will. Like the 'swift boat' group that went after Kerry.

And really, Obama is dead on with republicans using the fear tactic, if you look at things, it is the ONLY tactic they have used is the last 30 years. Bush Sr used fear of violent crime to beat Dukakis. But Clinton managed to defuse the fear tactic twice. Bush Jr has been playing the fear card since Sept 12 2001 to get anything he wants. And if you listen to McCain, he is using it already. I really hope people dont fall for the 'Wizard's First Rule' again this time around.

It is delusional to think that race will stay out of it. There are areas of the country where being black means he has a 0% chance to win some districts or states. Sure, Obama will use it to try to bring out more black voters, he would be a fool not to quite honestly. But it isnt much different than when republicans use religion to get voters out. If someone belongs to a group, they are going to try to get some advantage out of it. And while there will be groups who will say things to the effect of "dont vote Obama, because hes black", you wont hear Obama say "vote for me because I'm black".

It is delusional to think that race will stay out of it. There are areas of the country where being black means he has a 0% chance to win some districts or states. Sure, Obama will use it to try to bring out more black voters, he would be a fool not to quite honestly. But it isnt much different than when republicans use religion to get voters out. If someone belongs to a group, they are going to try to get some advantage out of it. And while there will be groups who will say things to the effect of "dont vote Obama, because hes black", you wont hear Obama say "vote for me because I'm black".

Well said.

The audio of the context of his speech was clearly race baiting and condescending.

VjRfKVwRUds

This clearly isn't the first time either. You don't have to believe me, ask Bill.

AbKzhYDDv0k

McCain wont make any of the nasty attacks himself. The 3rd party people he 'cant control' will. Like the 'swift boat' group that went after Kerry.

You mean like MoveOn.org, AFLCIO, AFSCME, ACT, Center for American Progress, Media Matters, Daily Kos....... Democrat 527's have raised 87 million compared to 24 million by Republican groups.LINK

This attack ad was put out the same day he gave his little speech about breaking his word for public financing and the big bad 527's.

sS-LYtEFHjo

Someone should tell Alex's mom McCain will not be President by the time he is old enough to volunteer for whatever branch of the service. Obama didn't criticize AFSCME who paid for this ad, when he met with them today. So another part of his speech about the 527's is a load of bull. Do as I say, not as I do?

He doesn't need 527's when the Press is in the tank for him anyways...

Uhnynk6XkkU

Kerry's loss was due to a number of things.

1. Couldn't stay on message because his wife wouldn't STFU. It was so bad they had to leave her at home.

2. They tried to purge moderate Democrats from their ranks.

3. Seating Michael Moore next to Jimmy Carter in the President's booth was either a total screw-up or extreme case of arrogance. Fahrenheit 911 was a movie made by liberals for liberals. This cost him with Independents.

4. Stupid gaffes that came off insulting the troops.

5. Rathergate gave the impression that the press was in the tank for Kerry.

6. Elitism to the max

7. Debate gaffe "Asking the U.N. if we can defend our country if attacked again." The U.N. is viewed as useless by nearly 2/3 of American's.

8. Swift boat ad.

(Summary: Democrats get beaten by tactics MoveOn.org used since 2000, but only better.)

And really, Obama is dead on with republicans using the fear tactic, if you look at things, it is the ONLY tactic they have used is the last 30 years. Bush Sr used fear of violent crime to beat Dukakis. But Clinton managed to defuse the fear tactic twice. Bush Jr has been playing the fear card since Sept 12 2001 to get anything he wants. And if you listen to McCain, he is using it already. I really hope people dont fall for the 'Wizard's First Rule' again this time around.

First, I think you need a history lesson. LBJ ran the first attack ad against Barry Goldwater in 1964. This ad put him back in the White House for another four years.

EG2G1wdwP48

Dukakis beat himself by not addressing the issue of furlongs for !st degree murderers in his home state. What happens when you let a violent killer out of prison? He kills a man and then brutally rapes and kills the man's girlfriend.

(Summary: Democrats were beaten by a tactic that got LBJ elected his second term.)

Bill Clinton was elected by Ross Perot in 92. Faced a weak candidate Dole in 96.

Democrats used these attack lines in the 90's- Voting for a Republican will set race relations back 20 years. Black churches will burn. Republicans are against women. Republicans are going to starve children. Republicans are for taking away Social Security for Senior Citizens. Republicans are for dirty water and air. Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah my favorite, Republicans are for killing puppies and kittens.

(Summary: Bush beat Democrats by using the same tactics that were used by the Clinton's in the 90's)

The picture with Obama wearing the Kufi or Turbin was leaked to Drudge by someone in the Clinton campaign.

The Email garbage probably see the Clinton campaign on that one too.

The so called "whitey" video was an internet rumor. Limbaugh and others did not say that it existed. They said it was rumored, which is a fact. This was first on Drudge, so check the Clinton campaign again. She's waiting for him to implode, but if it is out there someone will make a mint from the tabloids.

The first sermon he ever heard his friend Jeremiah Wright preach included a line about "white folks greed." In Obama's autobiography, he writes approvingly of the sermon, even stating he cried at the end of it because it moved him so much. He summarized the sermon in his book as follows:

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere..." I have the book. I had a feeling he'd be running this or next cycle.

The last 3 election cycles with the exception of 2006 were all about Democrats complaining about disenfranchising voters and stealing elections until they took control of Congress. Imagine that. Yet no evidence to prove it, just baseless accusations.

The problem with college aged liberals is that if they hate your politics, they hate you. Not very tolerant if you ask me. I found that out being a conservative on a liberal campus. I'm passionate about politics but I can disagree with someone's politics without hating them. The freedom of speech is the most important right we have in this country. Threatening people or trying to bodily injure someone who comes to speak on campus just because one does not agree with a persons ideology is reprehensible and should be stopped. Yet many college administrations and faculty condone such behavior, or simply have no comment.

I've shown in the examples above, Republicans just took tactics used against them, tweaked them a little, and used them against Democrats.

Obama will probably have to explain these two pictures before the election.

1. Obama fundraiser with Godfather of the modern liberal 527's George Soros.obama070423_1_560-2.jpghe

2. Michelle Obama with Momma Farrakhan. (Not good if you're courting the Jewish vote.)

WEB-RED-Barrow-et-al.jpg

3. This piece by CNN isn't too flattering either.

S3Ned5TQoW4