Open Letter to the team: Iowa 2015 edition

Redux

What a season this has been. I'm sure a lot of you are angry or disappointed at how things turned out. 5-6 is surely not what you all had in mind. Well the time for dwelling on it is over, you all still have work to do.

There is still 1 home game left to be played this Friday. I shouldn't have to remind you of the stakes. For you Seniors, this is your last time playing in Lincoln....hell lose this game and it is your last time playing in a Husker jersey. If that idea doesn't get you ready to rip someones head off I don't know what will.

It will be cold. Iowa will be ready and prepared for a war. But the crowd will be tjere in full force to support you. This Iowa team is 11-0. That has never happened before. You have the opportunity to hand them their only loss of the season. Not one of you should think that goal is impossible, you have already done it once this year. Don't let that #3 in front of their name intimidate you, you are still the better team.

I, along with 90,000 other Husker fans will be there come fame time ready to watch you all play like gods for 4 quarters. This win will require your best effort, nothing less will suffice. Play like you want it, play like you need it. Your careers as Huskers depend on this win. Go out there and make Iowa remember why Nebraska is a force to be reckoned with and if they take you lightly for even a second you will snatch that undefeated season right from under them! Go out there and beat the holy hell out of Iowa!

Go Big Red

• Fire 1