Huskers Finalize Morning Practices for Fall

On 7/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, Enhance said:

The 'kids are at their peak physical performance in the morning' philosophy is something I've been meaning to look more into for some time because I've often heard different claims about what time of day is best for exercise. Some experts will say between the hours of 3-6 p.m. In fact, I remember watching a documentary (maybe five or six years ago) about a premiere UFC fighter who was manipulating his body clock so that he would wake up late morning or early afternoon and workout in the evenings (exactly at the same time his upcoming fight was going to be). He claimed his body was its best this amount of hours after waking up but also that it would give him an advantage during the fight because his body would be used to exerting itself at the same time.

A lot of it probably comes down to the sport, workout plans and then just preference. Sounds like one of their biggest reasons for doing this is to give the kids' bodies more hours to recover before Saturday games. Given that we're moving towards a more physical mentality, this should all help during the grind of the season.

Not too stray too far off topic but I remember this documentary as well.  I want to say GSP was the focus of the documentary.

Props to the UNL administration for making this happen.  I can only speak for my own personal experience but I didn't hate late afternoon/night classes as the parking situation was much more tenable.  Granted...I didn't have this viewpoint until I was a super duper Senior.