defensive backfield

Well, what can you say? If there are any doubts about the Husker defense, it's mostly located in the secondary. I don't think we had that horrible of a game. We got lit up by this same team not too long ago. There were a few deep balls that they legitamately beat us on (which is to be expected, but shouldn't happen). They found a weakness with Grixby and that comeback route and picked on him whenever they had a chance. And he still made a few nice plays (the strip, especially). And how exactly do the cornerbacks cover the recievers? Is there a "BALL!!!" call or do the CB's have to rely on some type of instinct to look back to see the thrown ball? It looked like on that big pass Grixby didn't even look back at all.

Anyways, even though serious improvement (not to mention depth) is needed, all in all we shouldn't stink it up in the secondary too bad this year. Our D-line needs to play like it did this game for the rest of the season. Seeing Champion on his back numerous times was a pleasant sight. I was expecting more sacks, but whatever. As long as we can keep on rushing the passer, stopping the run, and not giving up huge passes- we'll be hard to beat.

What do you all think?

Now that it seems like Fluellen is out.  Who exactly do we have at DB that we haven't seen yet that might have the chance to come in and play decent?

Bryan Wilson (Jr), Corey Young (Fr), Thomas Kelly (Fr), Matt O'Hanlon (So), Tyrell Spain (Jr) are on the Depth Chart as CB's or DB's. "Decent" is the kicker here though. Rigoni might be a choice. We've also got Titus Brothers, obviously. It's tough to say right now, though.

How can we immulate the speed and talent they will see from the SC wr's i mean i love our core of WR's but i dont think we have the speed that a Jarret a Smith or a Turner has...

We probably won't. Taylor will have to throw great passes and we'll have to catch them. We'll have to utilize our TE's like we did today. We'll have to play hard-nosed football and we'll have to want it more.

Now that it seems like Fluellen is out.  Who exactly do we have at DB that we haven't seen yet that might have the chance to come in and play decent?

Bryan Wilson (Jr), Corey Young (Fr), Thomas Kelly (Fr), Matt O'Hanlon (So), Tyrell Spain (Jr) are on the Depth Chart as CB's or DB's. "Decent" is the kicker here though. Rigoni might be a choice. We've also got Titus Brothers, obviously. It's tough to say right now, though.

Is it just me or did Brothers look a little confused out there at times when Grixby went out. That's not what I wanted to see. This could get ugly against USC, but hopefully they will surprise us. I still have faith. Unfortunatley Nicholls state's option O won't be a real tune up for the secondary for the USC game. :bonez

Is it just me or did Brothers look a little confused out there at times when Grixby went out. That's not what I wanted to see. This could get ugly against USC, but hopefully they will surprise us. I still have faith. Unfortunatley Nicholls state's option O won't be a real tune up for the secondary for the USC game. :bonez

Having watched much of the USC-Arkansas match-up, though, it is pretty apparent that Callahan was correct when he stated that USC's offense and the Huskers are very similar. Same formations, mostly the same plays. Very similar.

What I'm getting at is that our defense gets to practice against the offense USC runs. Which should mean that the concern is the talent and not the scheme...

Having watched much of the USC-Arkansas match-up, though, it is pretty apparent that Callahan was correct when he stated that USC's offense and the Huskers are very similar. Same formations, mostly the same plays. Very similar.

What I'm getting at is that our defense gets to practice against the offense USC runs. Which should mean that the concern is the talent and not the scheme...

Touche :restore