That's More Like It, Eh?

That's More Like It, Eh?

Sunday, September 3rd, 2006

David Rischling (DJR313) - HuskerWeekly Sports Analyst

-----------------------------------------

September 2nd, 2006. Nebraska Football comes full circle. Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.

The old: Smash mouth football, or "pounding the rock." Either way, 48 rushes for 252 yards, the most yards rushing from a Callahan-coached team.

The new: The new jumbo-tron. The biggest television in the Midwest, and it's even got HD. When I say big, I mean big. Modular homes don't usually have the square footage of that thing.

The borrowed: Keith Jackson and Lee Greenwood adding some flare to the pre-game festivities. Keith Jackson is like the godfather of college football and having him put a stamp on the new addition was a nice touch. What more can you say about "I'm Proud to be an American?" Simply, beautiful. Greenwood's song still inspires enough pride for our great country that it brings on chants of "U.S.A."

The blue: George Darlington. Welcome to Ouchville, population; You, bro. Being on the other sideline for 30 years of spankings like this never quite prepare you for when it happens to you. Darlington apologized to the Louisiana Tech fans for not having the defense better prepared, but did they ever really stand a chance? The West Coast Offense this time around looks for real.

Is it?

Finish the story and post your comments

here! (registration not required)