How much of the defense scheme has been held back?

foote_21

Many people have said they are a little disappointed with the defense so far, only have 2 sacks. Well for one Nichollas State only threw the ball 3 times I believe, but also don't you think Cosgrove is most likely holding back on a lot of different packages, not wanting to show USC. I was at the first game where we actually needed a pass rush and there really wasn't much stunting or bltizing, anyone else agree that the defense is going to be a totally different animal on Saturday night

1) Holding back? I don't think the Husker's are hiding anything. I think they haven't needed to use much to get the job done. They haven't been challenged.

2) The defence will have to be a different animal against USC. For N to win, the D-line will have to throw a wrench in the backfield. I expect we will see the defence putting a lot of pressure on Booty. Or at least I hope so.

Numbers are also a bit scewed becasue 1) after the first couple series LA Tech went to primarily a 1, 2 or 3 step drop, not giving our line much time to sack. And 2) Nichollas State ran the ball so many times its tough to not give up some yards on the ground. Also some of those teams ahead of us in defensive ranking havs only played one game.... like USC for example.

Numbers are also a bit scewed becasue 1) after the first couple series LA Tech went to primarily a 1, 2 or 3 step drop, not giving our line much time to sack. And 2) Nichollas State ran the ball so many times its tough to not give up some yards on the ground. Also some of those teams ahead of us in defensive ranking havs only played one game.... like USC for example.

The run D played well against Nich St except for the 1 50 yard run. Other than that they would have held them to a low ypc.