Callihan's ability to gameplan

mrclean

I'm a Denver Broncos fan so I remember it well. Oakland goes to Denver on Monday night the year Cally took the Raiders to the Superbowl and if you know anything about that match-up you know its a rivalry and it is always a good game. Callihan's game plan that night was paralyzing to Denver and they had a good D that year. Granted he was working with two HOF WR's and a heady QB, but I just remember it being totally frustraiting not being able to keep Oakland from getting first downs because they executed so well and were so balanced, Denver's D felt the frustration too and it translated over into pressure on the offense and then it buckled. They chewed up the clock like they were a running team because they completed nearly every pass and it was all dink and dunk and when you got a good rush that is when the RB's ran all over the place. Getting to my point (and I do have one) this is what I expect us to do, in some degree, to USC on Saturday. Go into a hostile envrionment, take the crowd out and keep the offense on the field for massive amounts of time forcing the opponent out of their game plan. That nightmare memory of a game (as a Broncos fan) is what has been fueling my optimism about this game with SC.