Bill Callahan Show

nepolo7

seriously.... it was a good game plan IMO. We just didn't execute. We made mistakes and didn't capitalize on opportunities.

BC's gameplan kept us in the game the whole time, giving us a chance to win which was the point. we were still in it in the 4th quarter. Player mistakes kept us from making it closer or winning.

We needed to pass more??? maybe we should have... but ZT was flushed from the pocket about 5 times..... so there are 5 passes never made. We dropped 3 interceptions, that would mean less points for SC and in the Grix and Jones case... more points for us. We had penalties that negated a few long runs... that could have helped out the pass immensely.

I come away from the game level headed... We could have won, We didn't.

It was USC... We needed to capitalize on their mistakes and eliminate bad penalties and missed blocks...neither of which we really did. I know this all has two sides, but some people aren't even looking at the positive side and it is a little annoying.

I agree :yeah:yeah

We needed to pass more??? maybe we should have... but ZT was flushed from the pocket about 5 times..... so there are 5 passes never made. We dropped 3 interceptions, that would mean less points for SC and in the Grix and Jones case... more points for us. We had penalties that negated a few long runs... that could have helped out the pass immensely.

I thought about this game on the drive back to the hotel and wondered how we lost it. We really did have a chance I thought as the first half was winding down but that call when they had Booty sacked on third and about 8 at about the 45 and the refs called a delay of game on USC hurt bad. That was a bang,bang play we all thought he got it off right at 00 on the clock. Big screen showed it that way. That was just one of many breaks that didn't go our way, as you said 3 dropped INT's. The fumble at mid field on a third down that they picked up and ran for 13 yards on a third and 8. We had guys all around the ball and the guy that picked it up and still he broke loose. The fumble in the first few minutes of the 3rd period did it though.

I think our defense played as good as they could. They fought the whole game and I was proud of them. I don't under stand the 36 rushing att and 17 passes att ratio. We couldn't run the ball and the sweeps were just getting stuffed at the line. You can open up the run by passing, just as you can open the passing game up by running, it works both ways. I was waiting for us to start throwing those short dinks to the TE and let them pick up 3or4 yards at a pop, it got us how many short TD's the last 2 weeks. would have worked enough for badly need first downs.

Some times you have to give up on the game plan and give the kids a chance to win it. That game plan was not going work after we went down 21-3, but Coach C stuck with it. He's built a high powered offensive that seems to have the players to run it, so why not use it. This is not the NFL you can't loose2.3.4, games and still get a shot at the big game. I think this game will only help Coach C in his play calling as the season gos on. I like what hes started here and its only going to get better for the Husker fans.

GBR!!!

seriously.... it was a good game plan IMO. We just didn't execute. We made mistakes and didn't capitalize on opportunities.

BC's gameplan kept us in the game the whole time, giving us a chance to win which was the point. we were still in it in the 4th quarter. Player mistakes kept us from making it closer or winning.

It was USC... We needed to capitalize on their mistakes and eliminate bad penalties and missed blocks...neither of which we really did. I know this all has two sides, but some people aren't even looking at the positive side and it is a little annoying.

I disagree, the Defense kept us in the game. The coach IMHO should have kept with his game plan but he should have thrown some slants or a couple Tight End of the middle plays.

Ok, lets move on to the Troy game. This will be tough game also but I think the Huskers will pull it out and may even take some anger out on them.

Oh and this is my first post.... hey guys!

:bonez

I disagree, the Defense kept us in the game. The coach IMHO should have kept with his game plan but he should have thrown some slants or a couple Tight End of the middle plays.

Ok, lets move on to the Troy game. This will be tough game also but I think the Huskers will pull it out and may even take some anger out on them.

Oh and this is my first post.... hey guys!

:bonez

Good to have you man, I agree, I want to start talking about the Troy game... :restore