I'm a new USC fan...

The more USC wins, the better NU looks.

I think they have a chance to go undefeated.

I still have confidence in Cally. I understand his gameplan, IMO he just should have opened it up sooner.

Coz still sucks.

The kids played their collective a$$es off, but the front 4 had no help with blitzing, the corners had no help from the safties, and were asked to play two all-American recievers by themselves, especially on third and long.

If Booty had been pressured into more bad throws, maybe the offense could have overcome some mistakes. But he had all day, and the front 7 got worn down.

I went back to the play by play, we had exactly no pass attempts on first down until 1:16 left in the 3rd quarter. In the first half, we had exactly 4 pass attempts on 2nd down: 2nd and 9, 2nd and 8, 2nd and 10, and 2nd and 20. Fairly obvious passing situations. And yes, I counted ZT scrambles/sacks as pass attempts

Looking back - would have passing just a little bit more won the game for us? It is debatable (only because we didn't). And, I have to say, their receivers outmatched our secondary (especially when you put the corners on an island on 3rd and 21, but don't blitz - guess we really wanted to stuff that short pass).

I hope USC does win out. It does make us look better. And judging from the games I have seen so far, they and OSU look like the best two teams in the country.

Further, I am really proud of the players and how they played. I think each and every one of them gave it all they had. The most you can ask from any of them.

Bring on the Trojans! (Troy that is). This gaem will not be any cake walk.

People need to support our coach, since we are the BEST FANS IN THE COUNTRY. People do need to re-watch the game when the USc front four is dominating our line and they are dropping 6 to 7 in coverage we are not going to pass on them. People always feel they know better than the coach that has watched tons of hours of film on the team. The man played to win hell we were in striking distance all the way up to the 4th quater.

While I was pretty po'd on Saturday night, and would have told you then (in a somewhat drunken stupor :cheers ) that I was smarter than Coach C, I would never, sober, tell anyone I knew more than Coach C. Hell, the Grad Assistants on the team know more than I do. Even some of the trainers, ball boys, etc.

However, I don't think it is good to just blindly say - "we have the best coach in the land" - no matter what happens on the field. Not good at all to not question his tactics. This is true of the football coach of your favorite team, your State congressman, even the Presdent of the United States.

It just needs to be done in a healthy way. And yes, just saying Coz Sucks is probably not healthy at all. Indiana Husker and I have just been questioning the hire ever since it happened. In our humble and uneducated opinion (does that make you feel better), there were better options available at the time. But that is definitely a dead horse that has been beat into dust now.

Coz still sucks. :steam

The defense gave up 4 scores to a team that puts up 50 on anyone they play, including Texas.

How many big gainers did they have??? ZERO

We did the best we could with what we had.

I do have some concerns with Coz why no safety help for the CB there was a 3rd and 21, and we bring up the safty to fake blitz then back them off. They are not out of position and they get there first down.

Coz still sucks. :steam

The defense gave up 4 scores to a team that puts up 50 on anyone they play, including Texas.

How many big gainers did they have??? ZERO

We did the best we could with what we had.

I thought the defense played well, all things considered. Did they dominate all phases? No, no way. But they stuff the run well up until the 4th quarter and luckily didn't give up the big plays.

There were some miscues, no doubt. But I was satisfied with the defenses performance.