Game Balls, 9/24: Troy

1. O-line

2. Secondary/D-backs

Man, that hit by Andre Jones at midfield, & Shanle making a play (INT), etc. Good to see that. :thumbs

Beat me to it. Jones played well, that hit he layed down on that one play was absolutely brutal, I have no idea how that guy held on to that thing.. must've gotten welded into his hands from the impact.

Jones, I think, is the first piece in rebuilding our depleted secondary. We have a more corners like him and we'll be one helluva hard team to pass against.

I say we take the game ball breack it up into a hundred or so tiny pieces, and sew it to the inside of every players uniform. I have not seen the Huskers play with that much intensity since Tom was coach. Troys water boys didn't even feel safe. Deer in the Headlights of The Big Red Machine!!! :restore

The CU game was a good game but I wouldn't call it complete. 3 points in the 1st and 4th quarters, gave up 4 sacks, several hurries, 1 fumble (not lost), one interception. 7 penalties (yardage not bad though), 11/21 on third down conversions, 5 punts and one trip to the redzone without a score (also 3 field goals in the game). All in all nothing to sneeze at but to compare the team that beat the buffs last year and this one and call last years game complete? I don't think so. Maybe I'll sit down and watch a tape of the game one of these days and change my mind. As I recall the offense still wasn't completely clicking.

You point out about every negative in that game. You fail to mention that we went into Boulder, rolled up 497 yards passing (392 in the air), did score on 5 of 6 redzone attempts, maintained posession 38 minutes to their 22, held them to 212 yards on 60 plays (3.5/per), forced 9 punts and sacked their QB 5 times. We may not scored TD's on every posession, , may not have run for 200+ yards and didn't force 5 TO's, but we beat them handily in every facet of the game.

I guess my definition of complete and yours may be different, and I respect that. Heading into that game (after losses to KU, OU and MU and a near loss to a bad KSU team) and being a 2 TD dog, and coming out of the game like we did, basically spells complete to me in capital letters. The difference is that now we expect the results, and were surprised last year at the CU result.

The CU game was a good game but I wouldn't call it complete.  3 points in the 1st and 4th quarters, gave up 4 sacks, several hurries, 1 fumble (not lost), one interception. 7 penalties (yardage not bad though), 11/21 on third down conversions, 5 punts and one trip to the redzone without a score (also 3 field goals in the game).  All in all nothing to sneeze at but to compare the team that beat the buffs last year and this one and call last years game complete?  I don't think so.  Maybe I'll sit down and watch a tape of the game one of these days and change my mind.  As I recall the offense still wasn't completely clicking.

You point out about every negative in that game. You fail to mention that we went into Boulder, rolled up 497 yards passing (392 in the air), did score on 5 of 6 redzone attempts, maintained posession 38 minutes to their 22, held them to 212 yards on 60 plays (3.5/per), forced 9 punts and sacked their QB 5 times. We may not scored TD's on every posession, , may not have run for 200+ yards and didn't force 5 TO's, but we beat them handily in every facet of the game.

I guess my definition of complete and yours may be different, and I respect that. Heading into that game (after losses to KU, OU and MU and a near loss to a bad KSU team) and being a 2 TD dog, and coming out of the game like we did, basically spells complete to me in capital letters. The difference is that now we expect the results, and were surprised last year at the CU result.

Not a problem. The CU was a good game and yes we did many things well. Not trying to take anything away from the team or that game. I do however feel that Saturday they played a more complete game. Maybe USC had something to do with that. The team has had good focus all season but much better focus this past saturday. Very few metal mistakes. Just my opinion.