New update on 9/3 weekend

Redout

Marlon Lucky the number 1 RB in the nation, number 10 player overall, will not be making the trip to Lincoln this week. Instead he will be here for the Baylor game in October. I beleive this could hurt our chances at getting him. <_<

But Jacob Hickman, OG from Cally will take Lucky's spot. Hickman is ranked as the number 17 guard in America, 6'4" 244 pounds.

Heres some more about the croots in town this wknd:

NU Notes, 9/3: Recruits' visits make Saturday a big day

Among the crowd of 78,000-plus for Saturday night's season-opening game against Western Illinois will be seven football recruits making official visits to Nebraska.

Nebraska coach Bill Callahan said Saturday will be a key day in that regard.

"It's a great atmosphere to be involved in and be around," Callahan said. "For a recruit to come to the University of Nebraska for a Saturday night opening game, (it) will be thrilling for them. The energy of the crowd, the electricity will be there on Saturday, but I think they'll get a good feel for the campus, especially when the campus comes alive on game day Saturday."

Among those expected to visit over the weekend are linebacker Rey Maualuga of Eureka, Calif., defensive lineman Averell Spicer of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., and wide receiver Anthony Crosby of Stockton, Calif. Maualuga and Spicer are ranked No. 1 nationally at their respective positions by Rivals.com.

Offensive lineman Craig Roark of Ada, Okla., who has already given Nebraska his oral commitment, will also be in Lincoln on an unofficial visit.

Callahan said the recruits will arrive Saturday morning and stay through Monday.

FINAL TUNEUP: Nebraska concluded its preparations for Western Illinois with a 2-hour workout Thursday inside Memorial Stadium. "Our players are eager, are anxious and ready to get going again," Callahan said. He said no players have been ruled out because of injury. The only player in question appears to be linebacker Chad Sievers, who has missed some practice this week with a sore back but returned to practice Thursday. "It's day-to-day right now," Callahan said. "It could be a game-time decision. We'll see."

LATE ARRIVAL: Callahan said he's used to arriving at the stadium about 4 hours before game time. But Nebraska won't leave for Memorial Stadium until about 2½ hours before kickoff. With more down time, Callahan said he'll be able to spend more time with the visiting recruits.

EXPECTING A TUSSLE: Just because Nebraska plays a Division I-AA opponent doesn't mean the Huskers expect an easy game Saturday. Some point to Western Illinois' game last year at LSU, when the Leathernecks only trailed the eventual national champions 13-7 late in the third quarter. "They're not going to back down," Nebraska quarterback Joe Dailey said. "They always put the top ... teams on their schedule, because they want a challenge, they want to be the best. That prepares them for their conference. So we know they're going to come in here ready to play against us. That's good. We need competition like that."

http://journalstar.com/articles/2004/09/03...fc164589547.txt

Kick ASS!!! Alright, you know what needs to be done.. lets get that place crazy cranked up and show those kids how we do it LINCOLN NE style!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Are you with me!!! :o Yeah? :unsure: I cant hear you!!!!!!! :blink:

AHHHHHHHHH!@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!! :o

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::o:unsure::o:blink::o:o:o:o:ph34r::lol:

There I think you got it. Lets go get us some 'necks boys and girls. ;)\

now where the hell did I put that red beer??????/// :angry: