Greetings From A Hornfan...

C-West

What was Huskerfaninokie talking about with Bevo? Did I miss something?

HuskerHank,

Bevo XIII died Monday of heart failure. He was 22 years old. Here's a link on ESPN

C-West,

Good assessment of your team. I watched you guys play against Ohio St and you guys looked pretty decent. Not as well as what would have been expected last year of course. Your RB's are studs. Very impressive and very big. McCoy-it's really to early IMO to tell how good he is. He seems to have jumped in with both feet and has played way better than I would have expected. He's definitely going to be a big playmaker for UT in years to come.

I've been a Texas fan long enough to know that as soon as Colt has a bad game, the entire fanbase is going to be pushing to get the backup (Jevan Snead) in. Jevan's actually the better talent of the two, but it seems as though Colt's year behind Vince last year has helped him tremendously with being able to keep his cool and manage the game. Some of that might be chalked up to him being a coaches son as well, but who knows. The guy just doesn't get rattled easily. All we wanted from either QB coming into this game was to just manage the game and not make bigtime mistakes and it looks like we have that in Colt.

Then again, it's a lot easier to not make mistakes when you have a good O-Line protecting you. I'm not sure if Colt's going to be a HUGE playmaker, but the kid's definitely got the team's confidence behind him and he's doing a good job of getting the ball to the guys on our team that are playmakers (Young, Charles, Sweed).

If the Ohio State game is the only one you've seen, I'd say the major difference with our team now is that our defensive backfield has improved. The pass coverage in that game still keeps me up at night. Unfortunately, two of our starting DB's were out that game and it showed.

I went ahead and started a new thread in the football forum discussing the game.

Let's Talk Football