Lets Handle This With Class

Armistead

Boys....I know we talked alot of smack before this game....and we got beat by a decent team who made us pay for our mental mistakes, it's that simple.

The Corhuskers are very good when they protect the football...the fumbles were just bad fundamentals and the INT's were bad breaks and poor decisions....they were not caused by the lack of talent or the lack of effort.....I also want to say that So Miss played within themselves and cashed in when they needed too....

This team :D can still be very good, the talent is there, the defense is very good,we just got to protect the ball....BC will pound that into them over the next week.

I'm asking you guys to let this go....lets not post about who did what and who fouled up....nobody here expected the Huskers to win all there games and we don't have to worry about that now...Lets just move onto the next game and handle this with the class and style not seen on the other boards around the Big 12.

Lets stay upbeat...we still have a very good team.....GO BIG RED! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Agreed Arm good points. However i dont think there is anything wrong with some objective discussion about peoples impressions of the game - whether it be constructive criticism or not. After all that is what these things are for. I agree we dont need to harp on it for long, or get stupid about it calling for peoples heads and blaming everything on individual players, but I think this board has proven that its members can handle themselves decently, so I look fwd to hearin peoples thoughts.

GBR lives on

Yea, I would agree with that. Dailey needs more work than I thought, and probably most of us thought. Herian had some good catches but was covered like flies on sh1t most of the game.

Ross played well, but I don't like the way he is hitting the line. He needs to hit the line at speed not jukeing. He did that a couple times when he had big breaks. Other times he just stutter steps behind the line without just picking a hole and shooting it. Tierre Green is better at this today than Ross IMO.

Southern Miss played well and took advantage of our mistakes. Which sucks because that is the worst way to lose. Just giving the game away. It wouldn't be as agravating if we played well and just flat got beat. We gave this one away.

Armistead, I think you're spot on in your comments.

Guys, this should be expected. I've said it before - I'll say it again. There are going to be games when Dailey looks All-Pro, and games like this. It's something we're going to have to live with while he grows into the role. I don't know if he can learn from this - but if he can, you can be sure the coaches will provide him with the training and reps to do so.

As much as I hate any loss, better a non-conference loss. First goal - the North.

For the most part, the team performed well. The kicking game errors were corrected. The defense looked good - we played a good team and held them in check for the most part. Except for a couple of breakdowns, I felt like the offensive line played well - their ability to change from a run-dominated offense to a more balance offense continues to impress me; I honestly thought we were going to have more problems in this area. And our running game looked good.

Yes, the turnovers killed us. But I still see this team doing good things.

Is this a rebuilding year? Well, yes, in a sense. Does that mean we can't win the North, and more? Nope - it can be done.

This one is over - Southern Miss played well and deserves the win because the capitalized when they had to. Me, I'm going to put it behind me, chalk it up to one of those painful experiences from which hopefully we can learn and grow, and move on.

• 2 years later...

Care to take a trip thru the past

I am glad we are moving past all the Solich era stuff and Taylor moving on only means tha Keller or Lee will inherit what I think is a top ten team

The D-line will be smaller but faster and the secondary will be scary good

I have no doubt as to our talent...we were better than 4 teams

Handle the loss with class and just think of the recruiting class we got coming in

Huskers are loaded....fianlly we have restocked the program

We are the Best team in the North and probable the best in the Big12

I can't wait for spring ball

Boys....I know we talked alot of smack before this game....and we got beat by a decent team who made us pay for our mental mistakes, it's that simple.

The Corhuskers are very good when they protect the football...the fumbles were just bad fundamentals and the INT's were bad breaks and poor decisions....they were not caused by the lack of talent or the lack of effort.....I also want to say that So Miss played within themselves and cashed in when they needed too....

This team :D can still be very good, the talent is there, the defense is very good,we just got to protect the ball....BC will pound that into them over the next week.

I'm asking you guys to let this go....lets not post about who did what and who fouled up....nobody here expected the Huskers to win all there games and we don't have to worry about that now...Lets just move onto the next game and handle this with the class and style not seen on the other boards around the Big 12.

Lets stay upbeat...we still have a very good team.....GO BIG RED! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

BOYS?! :angry: thanks!

j/k ;)

and Amen...GO BIG RED!!!!!