Rate the Coaching Decisions

What overall grade do you give the coaching staff for the Southern Miss lose  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More penalties than last week.. But can anyone pick up on any bad play calling. Or at least anything glaring. We may have become a little to predictable on first down with the run, but in the second half we really started taking it to them. But it did seem as once we went to the pass we never went back to the run until another first was made or next series.

Defense only let up one score. The long pass. The others were off turnovers that put the Blackshirts in tough positions

I have to give them a "B". Overall, I liked the game plan. I was impressed with the adjustments at half-time - whether it was alignments/play-calling/corrections verses getting the players to play with more effort I can't say, but that's the mark of a good coaching staff, the ability to find a way to adjust and play better in the second half. And as I noted in another thread, most if not all of the glaring errors from the first game were corrected.

I also agree with Eric's assessment - we did seem to be a little predictable on first down, but I think that may have been deliberate, to take some pressure off Dailey. Overall, I'm pleased with the coaching. Can't remember who said it, but it sure does appear that we won't be out-coached with this crew on the sidelines.

r u guys for real here?? they got an F'n D from me.. take off your big red goggles guys. this staff was severly outcoached this game so sorry red but your prdiction only made it through one wk of practice.

heres why off the top of my fat head:

-the play where we got delay of game - get the play in Call!!

-sure adjusttments were made at halftime but not DURING the 2nd half. this is the mark of a true good coach. So miss adjusted to our hlaftime adjustments but cally and co didnt adjust N game.

-wasted all of our TOs with 3 mins left in the game

-and on and on and on.... i know there are more lets get serious guys

Even with all these miscues, some the coaches, butu more so on the players. Did the coaches miss the block, knock the ball loose, or throw an interception. Nope. I'm not sure how prepared you can ever be for a defense that just blitzes as much as So miss did. From every where, every time. Our line did well considering them being with out a star and the amount of crap thrown at them. Husker Bob "chill till the next episode."

A C from me. And not just b/c it rhymes. I see both sides of it... kinda questioned some of the things Bob pointed out myself.. but overall Joe D just didnt get it done. And I doubt the coaches prepared him less this week than last... so it just comes down to execution,, and talent... which go hand in hand seemingly. Our braintrust is fine.. but Im not so sure you cant say the So Miss staff didnt outcoach ours. Yes they captilized on our misfortunes - which hopefully wont continue - but So Miss was very proficient - which is a credit to the way the coaches have the team practice. Overall this is how the ball bounces in a WCO system. We will be back at the top of the coaster here real soon.

-the play where we got delay of game - get the play in Call!!

Ah,the game I was watching the play was in Dailey just stalled while reading the defense.

Why make adjustments when the players can't execute? This game came down to execution. The players have to make the play. Period.

You have timeouts to take them. You can't hold them constantly thinking there is going to be a better time to take them. Then you would be complaining that he didn't take timeouts and was left with 1 or two. If you need them, take em. Period.

A C from me.  And not just b/c it rhymes.  I see both sides of it... kinda questioned some of the things Bob pointed out myself.. but overall Joe D just didnt get it done.  And I doubt the coaches prepared him less this week than last... so it just comes down to execution,, and talent... which go hand in hand seemingly.  Our braintrust is fine.. but Im not so sure you cant say the So Miss staff didnt outcoach ours. Yes they captilized on our misfortunes - which hopefully wont continue - but So Miss was very proficient - which is a credit to the way the coaches have the team practice.  Overall this is how the ball bounces in a WCO system. We will be back at the top of the coaster here real soon.

I agree 100% with that it comes down to execution and it just didn't get done.

Props to So. Miss for taking the opportunity and running with it.

I give a B because A's don't come easy.

BC KEPT HIM THROWING!!! The running game was working fine. Then, on the last chance, on 5 CONSECUTIVE DOWNS, he went for the endzone rather than get closer to the goal.Welcome to the Callahan era. We could have easily rushed for 350-400 yards and 15-20 passes as Cotton probably would have done. It appears Callahan in more interested in the 'WOW' factor. We continually put our defense in bad spots, the D played well overall which is encouraging. frank solichs team beat this team a year ago with less talent, bc is trying to wow the nebraska fans with the wco. he needed to quit being a pu&&y, and show what nebraska football is all about and run all over this usm defense. i think i had pork chop finishing around 169 yards on the ground. what is bc's problem, he needs to get his head in the "college" game and do what it takes to win. not try and wow us diehard nebraskans.

am i right or am i wrong?

finally someone wit some smarts. heres a couple more reasons for thos who still think the coaches didnt cost us this game

-like RN said how many times did we go for it on 4th down around mid field when we couldve punted or even gone for a long FG??!!! this gave them great filed pos and put our d in a tough spot.

-how bout a frickin run on the last drive of the game??!! we had 4 tries to get to the 2, we didnt need to throw it in the N zone every play. we had been dominating the ground game all day why not grind out a few yds and maybe get the 1st down on the 2!!!!

thats all i got to say if you still think the coaches did an above average job in this game giving them a B or C you have your head too far up their asses. IMO