Joe Dailey's play at QB

This could be a very long year, if he does not wise up. I am scared of what OU might do to this team though, if Dailey does not improve his decisions. Dailey needs to learn really fast...but three picks against anyone in any start is unacceptbale. He throws into obvious coverage. he needs to scan the whole field better, he does one thing like lord right now, tunnel vision. I am just concerned that Dailey will continue with this all year long. He is young, so we have to give him so time to develop, but man sometimes he is very stupid.

At least NU did not lose at home 45-21.

Obviously Dailey needs to improve. Assuming he has the talent and the head, it is just going to take time. Hopefully, the time required is going to be short. I am sure him and Callahan know that. Do we have another QB ready to step in? Adams isn't healthy and Davis isn't ready. Thus, we are at the mercy of Dailey's learning curve.

Next week is a big test again on the road. It could be ugly. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Dailey must get better, but at the same time, Bill must do everything in his absolute ability to make sure that Dailey feels comfortable in this offense. He needs to keep Joe in managable situations and keep the plays and the terminology so that Dailey can handle it all. I hope that they can communicate with each other so that they have a feel for each other during the games.

joe dailey is making a bunch of sophomore mistakes right now because, well... HE'S A SOPHOMORE..!

after three games, i'm not willing to grab my pitchfork and join the angry mob's tailgate party outside of Memorial Statdium. at least, not yet. ask me in three or four years when or if this whole West Coast thing blows up.

he'll mature. and if he doesn't.... well, it'll be a very long season and just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

I think joe is doing fine and doing his best. He was much more fitted for the Barney Cotton offense that was going to open it up some but yet still run instead of this drop back pass stuff. The bootleg passes, the rollout passes, that was his thing imo. He will do fine though.

Yea, the bootlegs are his thing and I have notice that Callahan did go to some more bootlegs in the last game. Hopefully he tailors the offense a bit more to his strengths.