O-Line so far

DaveH

I am more than pleasantly surprised as the offensive line. I'll be honest - I thought the line would be the major weak link this year. You're talking about learning completly new techniques, new mindset, new terminology - and then Incognito goes and screws up just before the season begins. And yet, despite all of that, our running attack is going well, the quarterback has had few pressures, much less sacks, and penalties in the line have been few and far between. Guys, that's remarkable when you consider it.

I am more than pleasantly surprised as the offensive line. I'll be honest - I thought the line would be the major weak link this year. You're talking about learning completly new techniques, new mindset, new terminology - and then Incognito goes and screws up just before the season begins. And yet, despite all of that, our running attack is going well, the quarterback has had few pressures, much less sacks, and penalties in the line have been few and far between. Guys, that's remarkable when you consider it.

I agree. Just have to keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that our line is doing a great job this year only giving up one sack and has Ross in the top 20 in rushing and the team in the top 15 in the nation. We are developing some depth with delone and Austin getting some reps in the second and third quarters too. I hope that they can continue to get better cuz the defenses that we face sure will.

I think that our line is doing a great job this year only giving up one sack and has Ross in the top 20 in rushing and the team in the top 15 in the nation. We are developing some depth with delone and Austin getting some reps in the second and third quarters too. I hope that they can continue to get better cuz the defenses that we face sure will.

I wouldn't say doing great. Sure they have only given up one sack but they have given up probably 30 qb hurries. ABout 15 last game and 15 against southern miss. As we get into bigger tougher defenses in the Big 12 they will struggle imo.

I wouldn't say doing great. Sure they have only given up one sack but they have given up probably 30 qb hurries. ABout 15 last game and 15 against southern miss. As we get into bigger tougher defenses in the Big 12 they will struggle imo.

Yea, after seeing the Pitt game it might be interesting against bigger Big 12 foes.

You may be right that the defenses that we see will notice that we give up some hurries......but we will also get better as time goes on, plus WCO is short pass routes that don't require the line to block very long which is in our favor for not have the lineman that are pass blockers. When our quarterback only takes three step drops then it is pretty easy to consider the defense to be getting pressure on him. If it was a seven step drop, they would not be getting the pressure......people need to take into account what type of pass it is before ruling that a player within two yards of the quarterback is actually getting pressure.