iNTERESTING Use of the new CLOCK RULES

HUSKER 37

It is chickensh#t but Penn State could have declined the penalty, taken the 5 yards and pressed on.

I think after the 2nd Offside, PSU returned the ball to their 5-6

You sure you want to start out that deep?

I'm not sure, but I think even if PSU declines, they don't get the time back on the clock.

Quick!

Somebody figgure out how many times you can do this (Including half the distance to the goal) before you're kicking off from your goal line!

They should put this Question on the Wonderlict Test!!! :woo

Technically you could never do this to where your kicking off from your goal line. A fraction of infinity would go into play there. :horns2

But you could get pretty damn close.

That's what I thought at 1st..

But then you also have to take into account the width (Front -back) of the kicking tee, and then whether or not the head linesman thought to bring calipers...Hopefully, someone will test this out this season before they have a chance to modify the rule...Whad'ya say, Bill..Score 1st against ATM and have the kickoff team members take turns going off sides..so as not to appear too intentional?

Probably make more of a statement in a conference championship game, though. :nutz

It is chickensh#t but Penn State could have declined the penalty, taken the 5 yards and pressed on.

I'm not sure, but I think even if PSU declines, they don't get the time back on the clock.

Quick!

Somebody figgure out how many times you can do this (Including half the distance to the goal) before you're kicking off from your goal line!

Technically you could never do this to where your kicking off from your goal line. A fraction of infinity would go into play there. :horns2

But then you also have to take into account the width (Front -back) of the kicking tee, and then whether or not the head linesman thought to bring calipers...Hopefully, someone will test this out this season before they have a chance to modify the rule...Whad'ya say, Bill..Score 1st against ATM and have the kickoff team members take turns going off sides..so as not to appear too intentional?

Probably make more of a statement in a conference championship game, though. :nutz

So now we're going to get technical. It would be really interesting to see it happen. That might get someone to change the rules.

Quick!

So now we're going to get technical. It would be really interesting to see it happen. That might get someone to change the rules.

Probably not as much as most of us would like.

They're already talking about just changing back for the last couple of min. only...

Why don't they just charge more per min. for commercials? It's getting so I can't keep up with all the commercial breaks..I mean, you can only go fer a beer or go for a potty break so many times before fatigue starts to set in.