Reflections and Predictions (my first post)

husker-stv

Hello all - This is my first post. Looks like you have a pretty nice little site here, so I thought I would give it a go.

As the game was ending last week, with the exception of a few hundred Southern Miss fans sitting near my section, you could hear a pin drop. Most of the fans I saw as we filed quietly out of the stadium looked, among other things, shocked, depressed, stunned, somber and just downright....scared I guess. Scared of what this means? Does this mean we stink? Does it mean Steve Pederson made the wrong choice? Does this mean the Husker dynasty is truly fallen farther than we'd all like to beleive? So many questions on the faces of my fellow red-clan brothers and sisters.

But alas; by the time I got to the car, my fog already began to clear. I rationalized with myself to see the "big picture" again. 5 turnovers - 2 of which were what I call "effort" turnovers. Almost double the yardage against a typically solid defense. Another solid defense on our side of the ball. No doubt, losing to a non-BCS team stings. Losing to them at home felt like a Mike Tyson punch in the stomach. But in the end, you can see that this team is headed in the right direction. Add to that the signing of our top recruiting target (Bowman), and all-in-all, my positive outlook on our future remains.

The future - that brings us to the Pittsburgh Pathers. A couple of intersting points to note. Last week, Pitt played the Fighting Dingleberries of Ohio U (ok, maybe this isn't their school mascot, but it might-as-well be) before a 2/3 filled Hienz field (46,401 sleeping fans - didn’t we have 61,000 fans at our Spring game?). “We appreciate our fan support” stated Walt Harris as their streak of not selling out 280 consecutive games lives on ;) . Pittsburgh’s stellar offense piled up 217 total yards on the incredibly tough Ohio defense (finished 66th in the nation last year) backed by the incredible play of their quarterback (6 – 19 for 49 yards). Walt Harris, the Pitt Coach stated, “The offense as a whole really jelled today” when speaking of his per play average of 3.3 yards. :P

The Panthers shined on defense as they were outyarded by the Fighting Dingleberries 290 yards to 217 yards. The Panthers did have two interceptions - which doesn’t look promising for our stellar offense.

My prediction - Huskers 38, Pitt 13

You heard it here first.

GBR!

Welcome aboard, husker-stv! Glad to have you here.

I can understand folks having concerns and negative reactions, but I hope that they follow your lead and really think things through. If they do, I think they will come to the conclusion that it isn't as bleak as it may have seemed after the game, for the very reasons you pointed out.

And I love your Pitt analysis!

But alas; by the time I got to the car, my fog already began to clear. I rationalized with myself to see the "big picture" again. 5 turnovers - 2 of which were what I call "effort" turnovers. Almost double the yardage against a typically solid defense. Another solid defense on our side of the ball.

So on point here my man. Yes sir welcome to the board, you should fit in nicely here. good people + great nsight = damn good place to waste the work day! :)

Awesome breakdown of Pitt - cracked me up!

Look fwd to readin more of your posts.

BRJ

Yes welcome to the board husker-stv. We're fairly small now, but growing everyday thanks to great posts like the one you just made. You'll find most everyone around here to be pretty Nowledgeable :) and most importantly respectful of others opinions. We are one of the MOST laid back husker boards online, and I think that sets us apart. There is very little censorship if any, unless there is a personal attack which we wont stand for. We even allow other teams fans to post, as you will see from the Kstate posts, which in our opinion is all in good fun. Plus it kinda livens the place upa bit and provides an outlet to take out our agression!! Kstate fans are so much fun to abuse! :lol:

Anyway, great post, and like BRJ said I look forward to more of em. We have some big things on the way for the board, and you will notice that we do our best to reward our members for their contributions.

The future - that brings us to the Pittsburgh Pathers. A couple of intersting points to note. Last week, Pitt played the Fighting Dingleberries of Ohio U (ok, maybe this isn't their school mascot, but it might-as-well be) before a 2/3 filled Hienz field (46,401 sleeping fans - didn’t we have 61,000 fans at our Spring game?). “We appreciate our fan support” stated Walt Harris as their streak of not selling out 280 consecutive games lives on  . Pittsburgh’s stellar offense piled up 217 total yards on the incredibly tough Ohio defense (finished 66th in the nation last year) backed by the incredible play of their quarterback (6 – 19 for 49 yards). Walt Harris, the Pitt Coach stated, “The offense as a whole really jelled today” when speaking of his per play average of 3.3 yards.

kick ass funny as all shyte!! :lol: theres one for the best damn funniest post o the wk!

hey stv welcome aboard mate. well if your other posts are anythin like your first we're very glad to have ya!

• 2 weeks later...